Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Evening Housekeeper (Southwest)
- Southwest YMCA
- Compensation Min
- USD $9.80/Hr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $14.00/Hr.
We currently have an open position from 6-10 pm on Monday and Friday night.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Environmental Services Technician helps members and participants reach their goals by maintaining a clean and safe environment through dependable housekeeping services for YMCA grounds, facilities and equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe facility and grounds by performing housekeeping duties as designated by the Environmental Services Manager.
- Informs the Director of Maintenance Services of maintenance issues.
- Maintains and stocks supply and maintenance closets and keeps equipment in a safe, functional and orderly manner.
- Performs light duty maintenance tasks.
- Ensures paper and soap products are accessible to members at all times.
- Assists location staff as needed to maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Relates to the public in a positive manner.
- Actively participates in branch and department staff meetings and/or related trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader)
Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience in a commercial cleaning environment or closely related field preferred.
- Complete within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention Training; BLS CPR; First Aid
- Completion of YMCA risk management and other maintenance-specific certifications, as needed.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
the community and successful clearance of background check.
- Reliable transportation is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a non-office position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, use hand and power tools, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- Frequent exposure to dust or fumes is possible and use of cleaning equipment and chemicals is required.
- The work is performed both indoors and out.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.