Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Maple Street YMCA
- Compensation Min
- USD $9.00/Hr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $10.75/Hr.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Childwatch staff create positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers.
- Organizes, plans, and executes all activities for participating children.
- Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains required program records including but not limited to attendance.
- Supports fundraising efforts, attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Communication & Influence
- At least 16 years of age
- Ability to work with children age 6 weeks – 8 years
- Possess excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people required; bilingual capability helpful
- Complete before first shift: program-specific training
- Complete within 30 days of hire: YMCA cause & culture training; Child Abuse Prevention Training, BLS CPR/AED/First Aid
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoor/outdoor environment, intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running and playing with children required. On-site attendance is required for this position.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions required.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.