Visiting Nurse Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Coordinator
at Visiting Nurse Association
The Visiting Nurse Association is currently seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) Coordinator who enjoys making a difference in the lives of others.
This exciting opportunity offers you the ability to collect and analyze data which feeds performance improvement efforts. You will support the team efforts of the QAPI Department and Clinical Care Leaders in achieving quality outcomes, patient engagement and employee engagement. You will also be responsible for selected staff training, Care Management efforts and Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings.
Typical duties include:
- Develops and implements data collection, data analysis and other strategies that optimize quality outcomes.
- Conducts assigned Outcome and/or Quality Improvement studies for Clinical Services.
- Acts as the primary agency resource for OASIS accuracy as well as other clinical regulatory issues.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a Care Management Program that will be the cornerstone of patient assessments and education utilizing best practices to improve Home Health outcomes.
- Responsible for orientation, competency review and training to include such things as knowledge of OASIS assessments and the impact on episode payments as well as Face-to-Face encounter requirements, Case Mix Index (CMI), Low Utilization Payment Adjustments (LUPA), therapy utilization, consolidated billing, medical supply requirements and other regulatory issues.
- Provides leadership, guidance and consultation to staff in the absence of the QAPI Manager to ensure practices which enhance quality client care, promote a customer-focused environment, and assure compliance with state, federal and local regulations, and agency policies as appropriate.
- Responsible for the process of pre-billing chart audits and coordinates clinical information necessary for timely and accurate billing.
- Contributes to patient and physician satisfaction through positive interactions and professionalism.
- Active Nebraska or compact state RN license preferred
- Active Nebraska or compact State PT license preferred
- Other clinicians may be considered. (contact us to discuss)
- Current Certified Basic Life Support.
- Two years medical/surgical and/or critical care experience preferred.
- Home Health Care experience preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing; BSN preferred
- Graduation from a school of Physical Therapy accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Valid Driver’s License & Auto Insurance coverage
- Must have your own reliable transportation
If you are interested in working for an organization that offers a flexible and independent work environment, as well as excellent employee benefits, the VNA is for you. Our staff members are dedicated to our mission, vision and values in providing the best care for our patients.
The VNA is the leader in the home healthcare, providing home care, IV therapy, hospice, and community/public health services to Omaha, Council Bluffs and surrounding communities. Our mission: Delivering community based care that provides peace of mind, quality of life and independence.
Join our winning team! Shaping tomorrow’s care. Today.