Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Territory Technical Sales Manager (Pacific Northwest Territory - WA, OR, CA)
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The ideal candidate will be located within the territory they are supporting (Pacific Northwest Territory - Washington, Oregon, and California).
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for the sales and support of AgSense, BaseStation, ICON, Scheduling and Water Management products, and professional engineering design, consulting, and compliance services (Valley technical products and services) offered by CES (domestic and international) and Irriger (international)to new and existing customers.
The Technical Sales Manager is responsible to maximize the opportunity for sales within an assigned region and supporting the overall technical sales team by maximizing the coverage to gain market share. The Technical Sales Manager provides input to management from their direct market knowledge on policies, programs, objectives, and procedures as they apply to product, service, training, warranty, market share, distribution, parts, innovation and technology. The Technical Sales Manager works in conjunction with the Valley Territory Manger to provide full support and training for the Valley Dealers and territory sales staff in that Territory.
The Technical Sales Manager works with staff within AgSense, BaseStation, ICON, Scheduling, Water Management, CES and Irriger to resolve any dealer and grower satisfaction issues. This position is responsible for managing the warranty of Valley technical products and services for dealers in the assigned territory that require assistance.
The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Valley dealers and territory sales managers in their territory are properly trained on sales, installation and operation of Valley technical products and services. Dealer training with support from appropriate subject matter experts, is a key part of this position, and will require the candidate to travel to dealer locations to perform the training.
- Understands the needs of end users and Dealers in their assigned territory to further the adoption Valley technical products in services to grow market share and revenue
- Meets with Dealers and territory sales managers in assigned territory on a regular basis to maintain current knowledge of the end users , preferences and opportunities for sales
- Achieving sales goals is a primary focus along with preparing sales plans and reports, analyze sales results and revise plans accordingly to maximize sales
- Supports the development and implementation of new product rollout plans that the Service groups will need for training
- Supports the creation and execution of the release of new product training plan
- Maintains current knowledge of emerging and advances technologies and work collaboratively with Director of Technical Sales to identify potential new products that could be integrated into the Valley product line
- Participates in the successful product launches in conjunction with product marketing and sales
- Recommends product changes and enhancements to existing products based on input from customers, dealers and internal personnel
- Identification of new irrigation product opportunities
- Responsible for maintaining a close, positive working relationship with Dealers in assigned territory, Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering and Operations
- Supports cross-functional new product development teams to ensure timely product introductions into the market place and the product is developed per market requirements
- Ensure the timely resolution of service issues for Dealers in assign territory
- Supports the Valley Territory Managers when requested for Valley technology products and services
- Acts as the first line interface for reliability and durability issues that are presented by end-user customers or dealer personnel
- Collect and analyze product reliability information related to the product lines and advanced technologies which includes technology trends, opportunities and customers’ expectations
- Participates in the development of the annual service training
- This position reports into the Director of Technical Sales and has direct reports
- This role requires up to 75% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelors with 6+ years relevant experience OR Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience OR 10+ years of relevant experience
- Two years’ experience working directly with dealer sales and service personal
- The ability to travel in local area and internationally , if assigned, up to 75% of the time
- The ability to resolve complex problems and large challenges
- The ability to establish and cultivate excellent working relationships with dealers and customers
- Strategic thinking ability with tactical and detailed execution
- Expertise in the use of influence, team participation, consensus building and dealer/customer/grower communication
- The ability to work within a broader sales team to achieve company goals beyond assigned territory
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- A degree in Engineering, Business, Agricultural Mechanization and Business, Agricultural Sciences (agronomy, soil science, crop production, etc.), Mechanized Agriculture or Agricultural Economics is preferred
- Experience with mechanized irrigated agriculture preferred
- Experience with irrigation scheduling preferred
- Experience working with RTK GPS equipment
- Experience with single and multi-frequency GPS equipment
- Experience with cellular communications networks
- Experience with solar equipment including sizing and maintenance of the solar equipment.
- A strong understanding of electronics, computerized control modules, VHF (very high frequency)/UHF (ultra-high frequency) communication methods, satellite and cellular communication technologies, PLC (programmable logic controllers) and GPS (global positioning system) technologies is preferred
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office and field setting; however, the incumbent needs to be able to move about the office, production area, shipping warehouse, dealerships, and international site facilities as assigned. The incumbent has to be able to support Sales, Marketing, Service, Engineering and Operations. This support includes visits to both indoor and outdoor locations during all seasons of the year. The Technical Sales Manager must be willing and able to travel both locally and to the field approximately up to 75% of the year and, in uncommon instances, at short notice. The work environment can be fast-paced and demanding especially during peak sales seasons. Although some of the administrative tasks are repetitive and may seem mundane, the job has new challenges every day.
Most of the tasks are sedentary tasks. Employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to move around, use hands to type, handle, feel, grasp, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. It is rare that an employee would have to climb up to an elevated height such as from a ladder, but the incumbent does have to have the ability to climb stairs as some areas of the plant and dealer’s offices can only be accessed by climbing a flight of stairs. There are trips to grower’s fields and the employee needs to have the ability to move about the crop area. The employee needs to be able to get him/herself to and from different sites using a vehicle or an airplane.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.