Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is responsible for providing legal counsel to the company on a wide range of legal issues. Manages and advises member of a specific management team on specific legal specialization. Has a wide range of legal knowledge and possesses the ability to assist in the managing of company affairs; with a focus on contracts and regulatory compliance. The position will work closely with legal, senior management, outside legal counsel and employees at all levels.
- This position reports to the Chief Compliance and Legal Officer
- Consulting with management, commercial advisors, tax experts, accountants and marketing staff
- Meeting with clients to provide counsel on compliance matters and to discuss current legal issues within the company
- Coordinating and managing outside counsel and litigation to ensure effectiveness and alignment of outside counsel with company objectives
- Advising on employment matters and providing proactive guidance for compliance
- Overseeing compliance and corporate governance issues
- Drafting and negotiating company contracts, requests for proposals and other legal documents
- Keeping informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Developing the organization’s policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs
- Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and writing a brief for submission to a supervising attorney or executive of the organization
- Appearing in a court of law, arbitration or other judicial tribunal on behalf of the company and presenting well-reasoned arguments to the judicial body
- Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents including contracts; making suggestions for alterations of those documents
- Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Developing and communicating policies and procedures for the company’s standard of legal and ethical conduct
- Providing reports on a regular basis to keep the board and senior management informed of the progress and status of the compliance program, and advising them of new developments in ethics and regulatory compliance
- Coordinating with the human resources department to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees and ongoing training for existing staff
- This role requires up to 10% travel, including overnight stays
Other Important Details about the Role:
The main goal of this position is to provide a wide range of legal services and advice to the Company’s management team. Particular areas of the law that are a focus are contracts and regulatory compliance. The corporate attorney will be responsible for managing outside counsel in litigation and mediation. He or she will work closely with senior management, outside legal counsel and employees at all levels. It is expected that all Valmont employees will engage in behaviors which demonstrate our core values and show respect, align actions to improve value for our customers, work effectively in a team, and to engage as a lifelong learner who uses what he/she knows to make improvements.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Juris Doctor (J.D) and State Bar License
- Five years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Strong leadership, analytical, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Specialized legal emphasis
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong presentation skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Occasional travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.