Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing supplier invoices, ensuring that the payables workload is current and that all data is entered correctly for the associated sites. The AP Specialist must have a complete understanding of the payables function and possess the technical aptitude and ability to effectively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. The ability to communicate effectively with various levels throughout the organization is essential. A comprehensive understanding of all online screens and reports is required to track various transactions pertaining to a particular supplier or invoice to ensure payments are made accurately and on a timely basis. Must understand the relationship of all accounts payable transactions on the general ledger and subsidiary reports and ensure that intercompany transactions are appropriately offset in such instances. The incumbent must be aware and apply use tax on purchases upon processing invoices in accounts payable. A specific knowledge of the various tax laws and rates across the multiple locations is essential for proper application. Performing the job in an accurate and efficient manner results in proper recording of AP transactions, timely payment of supplier invoices, accurate and timely discounts, correctly reporting use tax, and good supplier and employee relationships.
- This individual contributor position reports into the Director of Shared Services Accounting
- Ability to operate a personal computer (software - MS Office), 10 key calculator, and other office equipment
- Basic data entry and keyboarding skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Above average attention to detail and accuracy in working with numbers.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Prioritize and organize the workload so that advantageous discounts are taken and enter all debit memos to avoid overpayment
- Complete corrections for all purchase order items on 3-Way Match
- Assist in completing end of month AP processing
- Audit and take action on the Received Not Yet Invoiced Report to ensure accuracy of supplier payments and statement of balance sheet accounts
- Obtain proper approvals for invoices
- Maintain accuracy and timeliness of input of supplier invoices
- Ensure suppliers are paid on time and at correct amounts and that applicable discounts are taken
- Correctly input all related data; i.e. account numbers, invoice numbers, invoice dates, etc., upon processing supplier invoices
- Accurately match purchase orders to invoices and research discrepancies
- Balance invoices entered into QAD
- Communicate in a pleasant and timely fashion with personnel within the organization and with outside suppliers to resolve billing discrepancies, issues related to payments, or other items which are preventing or delaying the processing / payment of supplier invoices
- Review, research, and resolve debit and credit balances and resolve receipts over 30 days old
- Manage accounts payable document files – scan, index and file invoices
- Review employee expense reports for accuracy and adherence to company policy
- Assist in cash application on customer accounts for payments received
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Working knowledge of general accounting office practices
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Equivalent and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Understanding of the payables function and possess the technical aptitude
- Ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Ability to pay attention to detail and follow instructions
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels throughout the organization
- Passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- An Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Business.
- Demonstrated experience in an Accounts Payable role.
- Knowledge of accounting software: IFS or QAD.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.