The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Coordinator - Material Assistance Seasonal Services
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Social Services
- Regular Full-Time
The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Summary/Primary Purpose: The Program Coordinator will manage the daily operation of the food pantry and utility program and, plan, develop, coordinate and implement successful seasonal events.
Schedule: Full-time; Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-4:30 PM
Pay Range: $35,000 - $40,000 (Depending on Experience)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Food Pantry Specialist and manage the daily operation of the food pantry.
- Assist with interviewing, training and daily supervision of pantry volunteers.
- Complete FoodBank for the Heartland Retail Enablement Program stats monthly.
- Manage and organize food drives and mobile pantries.
- Participate in unloading, sorting, storing, stocking and organizing food deliveries and donations.
- Complete interview with clients requesting services utilizing trauma informed skills. Determine clients’ need and provide emergency material assistance and/or referral, if applicable.
- Complete case files, stats and paperwork within 24 hours.
- Compile and complete Social Service stats and United Way reporting monthly.
- Provide coverage as needed for the A Way to Work program.
- Attend Common Fund for the Heartland and various community meetings to build relationships with other agencies and develop referral sources.
- Work closely with the utility companies providing the needed service for consumers. Process consumer files, pledges and account information.
- Review documentation, complete spreadsheet and forward to finance for processing bill payment requests on a weekly basis for Black Hills Energy.
- Process client information and check request in Service Point for OPPD and MUD.
- Train and supervise volunteers for the utility program.
- Collect and maintain statistical records daily.
Seasonal Events (Fan program, Back to School and Christmas):
- Create and/or update flyer for each event and distribute to the public and community agencies.
- Refine and update processes for seasonal events as needed.
- Coordinate with the volunteer department on obtaining volunteers to assist with events and supervise volunteers on site.
- Organize distribution sites by gathering supplies needed, monitor inventory and order necessary supplies.
- Reserve all necessary rooms and vehicles.
- Collect, maintain and review weekly statistical reports regarding program participation and assistance provided.
- Maintain inventory of seasonal items throughout the year.
- Operate a forklift, manual pallet jack and electric pallet jack.
- Operate a van and up to a 24ft moving truck for donation pickup and delivery.
- Driving is an essential role of the position
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervise the Food Pantry Specialist, seasonal staff and volunteers.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A) from four-year College or university in related field preferred. Minimum one-year supervisory experience preferred and experience working in a social service agency. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Ability to be flexible and able to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Administrative skills to include utilization of standard office equipment, data entry, 10-key, attention to details and filing.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken, and ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters.
Other Qualifications: Must pass all applicable background checks. Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business. Must successfully complete Safe from Harm training within 90 days of hire, as established by The Salvation Army.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee may often be required to engage in rigorous activities. Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying objects (50 lbs.)