Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) On Call - Behavioral Health Inpatient 502
at Telecare Corporation
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,510 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As Part of the Telecare Family, the Recovery Center at Sarpy is a 16-bed facility serving residents 19 who have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness, and are currently experiencing mental-health related difficulties.
Employment Status: On-Call
Shift: NOC, 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Days: Monday - Friday
The LVN/LPT provides recovery focused services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Graduation from an accredited LVN or LPT program and current licensure are required.
- Current CPR/BLS certificate is required.
- Must be CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment.
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
- Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting preferred.
- One (1) year of experience.
- Understanding of psychiatric illness, its treatment and knowledge of psychotropic medication.
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders.
- If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- If employed at Outpatient program, must evade clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with persons served
- Provide nursing care and assist in the welcoming, admission and discharge process
- Collects data relevant to person served care. Develops and implements nursing care plans
- Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention.
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Administers medication and treatments to persons served
- Receives and presents change of shift report as assigned
- Adheres to medication management policies and procedures
- Notifies the prescriber and nursing Supervisor of any changes in behavior or condition.
- Documents the persons served progress toward their Recovery Plan goals. ? Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
- Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Ability to review and implements Recovery/Treatment plans.
- Ability to support persons served medical and psycho-social care
- Administer oral and injectable medications
- Acts as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
- Ability to review and implements persons served recovery treatment plans.
- Demonstrates ability to implement physical crisis and de-escalation techniques.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability