Sunbelt Rentals, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Road Mechanic - Technician
at Sunbelt Rentals, inc.
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Road Mechanic prevents and corrects equipment malfunctions at the customer job site for all types of equipment (e.g., mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment), including diagnosing complex equipment problems while following all safety rules. Acts as a professional representative of Sunbelt Rentals with the customer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Services and oversees repairs of all types of equipment to ensure proper working condition at the job site
• Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down time in the field
• Performs safety inspections on equipment
• Maintains a safe shop work environment and company vehicle
• Effectively communicates equipment issues with customers and supervisor to ensure customer satisfaction
• Adheres to all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
• Attends and participates in all Profit Center Meetings
• On a daily basis, position requires driving for many hours at a stretch, loading and unloading cargo, and considerable lifting, carrying, and walking each day
• Performs other duties assigned as assigned by the manager
• 4+ years’ experience as mechanic with Diesel equipment
• Trade school or Technical training desirable
• MUST have own tools
• DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
• Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety and a high level of safety consciousness
• Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments
• Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems
• Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, and reaching
• Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions on job sites
• Night / Weekend On-Call work required
Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals is one of the largest equipment rental companies in North America. Backed by a national network, Sunbelt successfully services a variety of customers - from those in the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. Sunbelt’s extensive fleet exceeds $4.0 billion and includes general construction equipment, industrial tools, pumps and power generation equipment, trench shoring, scaffolding, remediation & restoration equipment, and more.
Specialty Divisions and Market Segment Focus:
Designed to serve distinct customer segments requiring a high level of technical expertise, Sunbelt Rentals offer a highly diversified product mix, as well as trained experts.
- Climate Control Services
- Industrial Services
- Tools & Equipment
- Oil & Gas Services
- Pile Driving Services
- Pump & Power Services
- Scaffold Services
- Remediation and Restoration
- Flooring Solutions
- Facility Maintenance
Sunbelt Safety & Training:
Central to our company’s policies and practices is our focus on the safety of our customers and employees. We offer comprehensive safety programs dedicated to scaffolding, aerial work platforms and forklifts. In addition, all Sunbelt employees undergo mandatory worker safety programs administered by location managers and those who operate company vehicles complete a safe driving program. Learn More
Why Work Here?
At Sunbelt Rentals, we place enormous value on the welfare and commitment of our employees as well as the superior level of service they provide for our customers. All our employees benefit from extensive on-the-job training which is amongst the best in the industry. Our advancement opportunities are why many of our staff remain with us throughout their careers. A career with Sunbelt Rentals means diversity, teamwork, recognition for exceptional performance, and room to grow!
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And many more
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran