Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
State Manager - NE/ND/SD
at Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call Washington State our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a State Manager – NE/ND/SD to join our team. The preferred location is Omaha NE.
The State Manager will effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to distributors, brokers, importers, on and off sale trade, and consumers.
In this role, you will:
- Effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to distributors, importers and consumers and to direct the execution of the company’s strategic business plans through assigned wholesalers.
- Effectively manage buying relationships with key accounts in order to achieve case sales and distribution objectives within budgetary guidelines in order to meet Region profit contribution objectives.
- Prepare forecasts for shipments, depletions and budgeting for all brands on an as needed basis.
- Evaluate distributor suggested price structure and brand equity investments as needed to insure the company is receiving fair share of channel profits.
- Conduct sales meetings and planning meetings for wholesaler’s sales/management staff.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual business plan for all sales, marketing, budgetary, production and communication needs necessary to meet case volume and profit contribution for the upcoming calendar year.
- Participate in consistent individual market distributor meetings to review SMWE business and provide leadership for achievement of SMWE channel goals
- Be a change agent by constantly challenging the status quo and be able to motivate yourself and your team to break down barriers to success and continually improve business processes
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- 3 years beverage sales management experience.
- Knowledge of key trade account buyers buying and promotional practices and operational procedures.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- In depth knowledge of wine industry (including Ste. Michelle Wine Estates portfolio, Italian wines and primary competitors) and estimated sales trends for wine and spirit categories.
- Working knowledge of wines/spirits from world’s major viticulture regions.
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office.
- Available for company related travel (approximately 25%).
- Able to occasionally lift up to 35 lb.
- Able to drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.