Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Earn up to $29/hr. 1st Shift Electrical Mechanical Technician (Sund. - Wed. 12 hr shifts)
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- FLSA Status
- 1st Shift
This position has responsibilities to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment in a food processing environment. This position requires proficiency in multiple skill clusters, such as electrical controls, fluid power, mechanical systems, welding, fabrication, and manufacturing processes. This person will perform medium to high-level machine systems troubleshooting and repair, and provide technical support for all phases of the operation. This work will be of average to considerable difficulty in the accomplishment of a variety of mechanical and electrical maintenance actions.
- Knowledge of Industrial Controls, PLC’s, Instrumentation, VFD’s, HMI’s, and three phase motor circuits to test, troubleshoot, and train other technicians on process equipment, it’s sub-systems, and all ancillary processes / or equipment related to the operation.
- Plans and performs work requiring thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and principals of wiring, specifications, and National Electrical Codes.
- Reads, understands, and uses drawings, blueprints, and technical manuals to complete work orders and PM’s.
- Perform mechanical and electrical PM’s as assigned.
- Documents and maintains technical data to include calibrations performed, programs backed up, prints in panel, and other required paper work associated with proper maintenance and record keeping.
- Uses CMMS system to document repairs in detail, assigning parts used to specific machines and insuring equipment history is maintained.
- Approaches job duties with a sense of accuracy and urgency.
- Adheres to all Company Policies including but not limited to: safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Actively participates in all assigned team meetings, training opportunities, and designated interaction-required forums.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Ability to operate a forklift, genie lift, and/or scissor lift.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years electrical, mechanical, production equipment related experience required.
- Multivac, Handtmann, and High-speed multi-head scale experience preferred.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Works well independently or in teams. Works with little supervision needed. Earns respect through professional acts.
- Cost Consciousness: Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
- Follow instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility for own actions.
- Has initiative, volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, and seeks increased responsibilities.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must be able to read and write fluently in English to communicate and understand technical training manuals written in English.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.