Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Party Chief
- Omaha, NE, USA
- Full Time
Collaborative. Knowledgeable. Driven. Schemmer is a full-service architectural, engineering and construction field services firm providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges with a keen focus on quality and client satisfaction.
We believe in a creative, collaborative culture with highly-engaged staff that love what they do. Our diverse and talented professionals work together to create effective, goal-driven solutions. Providing a professional work environment with access to the latest technology all while maintaining a culture that rewards excellence is what makes Schemmer a great place to work. Professional growth and leadership opportunities are available for all staff who seek to advance their career and be a significant contributor to the overall success of the firm.
When you work for us, you won't be stuck in a rut of producing designs for one type of project. At Schemmer, you will have the opportunity to stretch your imagination to the limit and work on multiple project types. We work on projects large and small, from studies to design to construction engineering, for public and private sectors, of different engineering solutions and construction systems.
The Schemmer Associates Inc. has an exceptional opportunity for a land surveyor in our Omaha, NE office. Organize, execute, and coordinate surveying services on assigned projects. Utilize creativity, foresight, and judgment in anticipating and solving technical problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as party chief for a field survey crew on construction, topographic, right-of-way, boundary and control survey projects
- Gathers field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates surveying equipment, including electronic total station, laser level, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, and angles.
- Prepares field notes and drawings, takes pictures of existing conditions, and coordinates with third parties on site to collect utility data or historical flood data.
- Performs field surveying for roadway, bridges, and flood control projects, including installing surveying construction stakes, tying out existing intersection ties, and locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries, and property lines.
- Researches existing record information, including record maps, plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents; and maintains field data records, survey project files, and indexing systems.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of survey procedures, quality control and legal principles. Evaluate legal and field evidence pertaining to surveying and make judgments accordingly.
- Maintains general knowledge of information provided by states, counties, cities and other governmental agencies.
- Assists in recording, coordinating, and preparing project requests.
- 5 -10 years of experience (3 to 5 years of experience as Crew Chief)
- S. I. T. a plus
- Thorough knowledge of survey principles and practices with ability to complete researches in the area of surveying
- Ability to read plans and able to do minor field computations
- Must be able to adapt to changing situations in the field
- Resourceful in developing solutions and acquiring information
- Knowledge of engineering design and construction practices
- Ability to make independent judgments on survey related issues
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D or Microstation software preferred
- Knowledge of survey equipment, instruments and GPS (Trimble, Leica, Topcon, Sokia and etc.)
At Schemmer, we believe in fostering a fun, creative environment where professionals are empowered to shape their career, and where there is a healthy work-life balance. We celebrate lifelong learning, provide resources and opportunities, and offer support in your pursuit of success.
Only the most qualified applicants will receive a reply. No phone calls please.
The Schemmer Associates Inc.
North 115th Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
The Schemmer Associates Inc. is an EO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled - E-Verify