Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver / Shop Tech - Part Time (starting at $12.00 per hour)
at Scheels Sports
|Title:||Delivery Driver / Shop Tech - Part Time (starting at $12.00 per hour)|
|Store Location:||Omaha, NE|
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Service Shop Technician will provide world class customer service through the Scheels service shop. This role will provide store growth through labor sales and assembly of various products throughout the entire store. This associate will also be part of our Delivery Team which will set up, repair, install and deliver products to our customers home or workplace.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Efficiently provide maintenance and assembly of customer and store equipment. Equipment may involve bicycles, exercise machines, snowboards, skis, hockey skates and sticks, baseball gloves and bats, golf clubs, racquet sports, paintball markers, furniture and other merchandise in a Scheels Store.
- Safely filling CO2 and compressed air tanks for paintball markers.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records for store and customer equipment.
- Ensure a clean and Professional Environment.
- Assist with delivering and loading customer equipment and merchandise at the store and to customer residences.
- Ability to speak for extended periods to customers or associates
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write reports and speak effectively before groups of customers and associates.
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete basic mathematical equations.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include weekends, evenings, holidays, and scheduled training meetings
- Complete other duties as assigned by Leadership.
- Must be at least age 18
- High School Diploma, or General Education Degree(GED), one to three months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical ability.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Very heavy work – Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.