Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Richdale Apartments
- Job ID
- Accounting/Finance - Openings
We are seeking a strong senior accountant who wants to expand his/her skillset by learning the mechanics of utility accounting and its regulatory requirements to support a 10,000-unit plus residential portfolio. This individual possesses tremendous accuracy, focuses on the details but understands the bigger strategic picture. Be a part of the team that develops and manages the best Class A communities! Richdale Apartments, a family owned and operated company which has continued growth since 1918, is hiring for a Senior Accountant. As a leader in the national owner / developer industry of luxury multi-family communities and commercial properties, we strive to cultivate a fun, productive, and exciting work environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded. Teamwork is at the core of our culture, and we are always seeking talented individuals to join our winning team! If you are a team player and a top performer, this very well could be the place for you. Apply today!
The utility specialist will be responsible for day to day operations, reviewing and analyzing of utility bills and consumption, organization of meters, reconciliation analyzing, and billing for all Richdale Communities.
- Working with utility companies to make sure properties have power.
- Reconciling monthly tenant invoicing to verify that all charges are accurate.
- Working with utility companies to make sure pricing and usage are accurate and fair, is a definite plus, but not a requirement.
- Building relationships with intercompany personal to maintain customer service for any questions about utilities the customers might have.
- Reviewing monthly usage to make sure the properties are operating correctly.
- Assisting with new developments to get utilities up and running.
- Providing detailed analysis of utility usage on all properties.
- Booking journal entries to correctly record utility expenses
- Analyzing and providing funding for the payment of all utilities
- Reporting to management details about usage and billings on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Providing recommendations on ways to reduce our total spend on utilities through both incremental improvements and broader initiatives
- Developing expertise in gas operations, regulatory requirements and accounting principles
- Additional Ad Hoc projects
- Strong analytical, communication, technology, and leadership skills.
- 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience, or 2-3 years of experience specific to utilities
- Understanding of utility operations and a basic understanding of regulator/ratemaking processes and methods is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with senior members of other departments
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, delegate and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to apply strong attention to detail while understanding and considering the overall vision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products emphasis in Excel & Word
- Degree in accounting or finance. A business degree with relevant experience may also be considered.