Ralston Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ralston Public Schools
Job Reference #: 193
Openings as of 6/19/2019
- Maintenance JobID: 193
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Maintains school buildings in top condition to ensure full and productive use of all district facilities.
- Performs troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repairs on all facilities, fixtures, furnishings, mechanical equipment, and utility systems.
- Monitors maintenance equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of all necessary materials.
- Maintains and submits proper documentation (e.g., requisitions, time and labor estimates, work orders…etc.) on all assigned tasks.
- Appropriately operates all tools, equipment, and machinery as necessary.
- Responds to emergencies for the purpose of determining and implementing appropriate actions required to resolve the situation.
- Inspects and verifies the safe operation of all building-related equipment
- Receives deliveries and assists in unloading trucks and storing supplies, as needed.
- Delivers supplies and materials to schools, as needed.
- Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, workshops, inservices, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information relating to new products, promoting safety, and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Maintains a regular and predictable attendance history while employed by the district.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Director of Buildings and Grounds and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
- Uses hand tools of trade and related power equipment.
- Ability to follow oral or written work orders from supervisor, and to coordinate work with principal and others.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to describe orally, or in writing, maintenance or repair problems as needed.
- Ability to work above ground from ladders and automatic lifts.
- Ability to perform repairs to toilets, urinals, drinking fountains, drains, and other plumbing components
- Ability to perform repairs to light fixtures and other electrical components.
- Ability to perform basic carpentry duties.
- Ability to perform repairs to windows, walls, woodwork, paint, and furniture.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain HVAC systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain small engines.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures, and regulation governing the proper use of tools and power equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Wears appropriate safety gear, including masks.
- Must comply with the school district’s policies and procedures regarding the use of chemicals.
- Frequent travel between schools, or between schools and the district office, may be required.
- Occasionally works in a loud environment.
- Ability and strength to raise and move an object weighing up to 40 pounds at least to chest height.
- Ability to use hand jacks, hand trucks, and dollies.
- Ability to withstand heights and work in crawl spaces.
- Typical risks associated with using tools of the trade.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, solvents, and contaminated trash.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Occasional strenuous physical work.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School Diploma or completion of sufficient education to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Previous experience in building maintenance desirable.
- Preference given to candidates who currently possess a pool operator's license
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Buildings and Grounds, performs a variety of tasks involving troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repairs on all district facilities, fixtures, furnishings, mechanical equipment, and utility systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
Note: For additional information, see the Summary of Physical, Sensory, and Environmental Requirements needed to perform the essential functions for this position.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt