Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Low Voltage Security Technician
at Prime Communications
Low Voltage Security Technician
|Location:||Elkhorn (Omaha), NE|
Prime Communications is hiring! Follow the link directly below to find out what our employees are saying about us!
Prime Communications is a national provider of security, mobility and infrastructure solutions. We offer a unique life cycle approach to engagements that ensures you always have access to the right combination of engineering, consultation and innovation.
At Prime Communications, we believe the work you do should be as empowering as the mobility, security and infrastructure solutions we design, engineer, implement and support.
So, we have worked to create the corporate culture that makes you glad you came to Prime, including a team atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration, opportunities for autonomy and critical thinking, ongoing personal growth and professional development and a chance to work with some of the best clients in the world.
The Low Voltage Security Technician assist the Security Installer and or the Lead Security Technician troubleshoot, install, repair, and maintain access control systems, electronic key systems, locking devices, visitor management systems, IP video surveillance, and any other hardware related to those systems and devices.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit reports as required
- Install, maintain, and repair locking devices and related hardware on all doors, including low voltage electric door hardware
- Install, maintain, and repair video surveillance systems including cameras, software, and peripheral devices
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on alarm, access, and video systems
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair access control, alarm, and video systems and all related components
- Ensure departmental daily records are maintained and accurate
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent (vocational/technical/business school background is strongly preferred)
- Experience with low voltage wiring and knowledge of the aspects of security equipment installation
- Must understand the fundamentals of electricity including relay logic circuits
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to read blue prints and hear tones and audio from test and operational equipment
- Good judgment is required
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Exceptional customer service skills are a must
Looking for certified techs with access control and IP camera experience, preferably familiarity with the following manufacturers: Genetec, AMAG, Lenel, Axis, DMP, HID.
- Probationary period of 90 days
- Individual must be able to read and understand instructions in English as well as possess good oral and written communication skills
- Individual must be able to pass a drug screen as well as a background investigation
- Individual must be available to work variable hours
Prime will cover travel expenses including hotel, flight and/or rental vehicle and will provide a daily per diem rate when overnight travel is required.
Prime Communications offers a great compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- Pre-tax health savings account
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education and certifications
To apply, please fill out our application.
Prime Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We participate in E-Verify.