Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internship - Development (Java/Web/Mobile)
at Physicians Mutual
Physicians Mutual is looking for students with a desire to learn in a dynamic work environment. We will be providing interns a role specific mentor capable of delivering on the job training and guidance. As an intern you will be assigned to a team, which owns the development and maintenance of our production systems. These teams are following the Agile/Scrum methodology with a focus on the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The position will be based on the semester calendar* (Fall, Spring, Summer.) The position is renewable based on performance and corporate needs.
- Students must be able to physically work in our office in Omaha for the duration, which will cover both summer break and the school year.
- Only active students will be considered for this role.
- Approximate start date: June or July
- $20/hour for approximately 20 hours per week
- Minimum 3.0 GPA completed up to a Sophomore, Junior or Senior Level
- Analytical and problem solving skills in the disciplines of:
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related fields
- Non-technical skills including, but not limited to:
- Verbal and written communication, teamwork and leadership
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum principles is a plus
- Experience in Java development and Object-Oriented programming
- Minimum of two computer programming classes completed with a grade of “B” or higher
- Strong interest in developing computer programming as a competency
- Ability to work with a Relational Database, devise and execute SQL queries programmatically
- Experience with any mobile development is a plus
- Experience with Single Page Applications (Angular, Ionic, React) is a plus
- Experience with Responsive Design Component frameworks (Bootstrap, Material Design)
- Experience with REST APIs is a plus
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented development and design using UML tools and diagrams
- Knowledge of software development tools (Eclipse, VisualStudio Code, SoapUI, Postman) is a plus
- Knowledge of source-code versioning systems (GIT,SVN) is a plus
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder’s promise — to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We’ve been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation’s leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we’ll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.