Oriental Trading Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Receivable Representative
at Oriental Trading Co.
Accounts Receivable Representative
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
In this job you will….
1. Review all held refunds, printed checks, ensuring credits are correct, voiding checks and re-issuing refund checks as necessary, obtaining copies of cashed refund checks when needed, and stop payment requests.
2. Communicates information on refund checks, invoices, and account status. Sends out invoice reprints per customer request. Document all correspondence with customer in customer’s message screen in the system.
3. Return Voucher’s, Tax Exempt Certificates and W-9 forms as required.
4. Exceptions, post payments to customer’s accounts, to orders holding, and release orders for shipment. Daily deposit, research bank corrections, and unidentifiable on-account payments.
5. Posts credit card payments to customers account. Adjusts customer account using various transaction codes from credit memos, merchandise certificates, bad-debt write-off, recovery adjustments, etc.
6. Assist with PayPal and BML related issues on settlement, customer disputes, and authorization removals.
7. Corresponds with third party collection agencies. Obtain approval from guarantee vendor on shipments exceeding establish dollar floor limits. Post back to customer’s account all NSF checks returned from bank. Prepare and forward all checks guaranteed to vendor. Follows up with vendor to insure timely reimbursement of all checks guaranteed. Post reimbursement check from vendor to proper accounts.
8. Various month end reports.
9. Assist customers by taking phone calls and resolving issues in a timely and professional manner.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
11. Maintains regular, predictable attendance.
12. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
13. Work in the Finance Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
1. Maintain operational relationship with sales, and other departments concerned with A/R issues.
2. Initiates, develops and maintains relationships with the company’s customer community.
Here is what you need to join the FUN...
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Handle and safeguard highly confidential data pertaining to a customer’s account.
• Typing speed of 25 wpm
• Excel and Word skills required
• Requires a familiarity with general accounting procedures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High degree of independence
• Ability to work at a fast pace and adhere to deadlines
• Ability to prioritize
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
• Some education beyond high school preferred
• Minimum 1 year accounting experience
• Previous experience with cash application preferred
PC, calculator, printer, copier, calculator, phone, fax, check POS terminal, and other general office equipment.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies andwelcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.