Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Software Configuration Analyst / Sr Principal Software Configuration Analyst
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Software Configuration Analyst / Senior Principal Software Configuration Analyst, familiar with secure coding practices, automated testing and service-oriented software development. This position is located in Bellevue, NE at the 557th Weather Wing on Offutt AFB.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification,
• Control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
• Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product
• Operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
• Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development.
• Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use.
• May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of Configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 5 years of work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 9 years of work experience
Basic qualifications for both:
· U.S. citizenship required and active interim secret or full secret DoD security clearance
· Previous work experience in configuration management and able to work closely with the software development teams.
Demonstrate leadership skills
· Working knowledge of Agile software development concepts, ability to work multiple tasks concurrently, and strong documentation and communication skills
· 5 years experience as a professional software Configuration Manager with Operating System familiarity (Linux, Windows, AIX, Sun Solaris)
· Current DoD Secret security clearance
· Agile Software development framework such as Scrum Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye_Crucible, etc.)
· Experience with Jenkins continuous integration tool, Mercurial distributed version control system, Maven and
· Ansible automation tool.
· Knowledge of software configuration management tools; the candidate should understand CM/Release Management best practices.
· Experience using software configuration management tools to manage baselines and support product release.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.