Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Security Systems Administration
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, its work that makes a difference. Join us and broaden your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
The candidate will need to provide system administration and cyber-security support to the program's enterprise Linux, Solaris, and AIX production, test, and development environments, to include: system installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance analysis, tuning, upgrading, implementing and maintaining system security postures, patch maintenance, license management, system backup administration, user account/environment administration, fiber attached storage manipulation, and assisting with hardware/software installations. Candidate should be self-motivated and will follow standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document processes and results. Candidate may participate in a rotating 24x7 on-call operational support role.
You should have a solid working knowledge of UNIX operating systems to include RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL5/6), IBM AIX (6), and Oracle Solaris (10); experience with system security lockdowns to include SCAP STIG and NESSUS ACAS mitigations; and Host Based Security System (HBSS) implementations on UNIX. Experience with High Availability (Cluster) management, baseline management tools such as RedHat Satellite Server (RHSS), an understanding of networking/zoning to include VLAN/VSAN setup, and blade server chassis management are desirable. An understanding of Storage Area Network (SAN) administration to include Dell Compellent and EMC Isilon/Unity would be a plus. Candidate should have a CompTIA Security certification prior to their start date. Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 6 years' experience or additional experience considered in lieu of degree in system administration/cyber security/information technology
- CompTIA Security certification upon start
- Possess a working knowledge of UNIX operating systems (focusing on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL5/6), but to a lesser degree IBM AIX 6 and Oracle Solaris 10), cluster (system high availability) management, system virtualization, system baseline management and patching, and discrete, frame, and blade server chassis management
- Must be able to obtain (and maintain) a DoD Secret clearance and an interim Secret required to start
- Must have strong organization skills to prioritize assigned work and meet deadlines
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Possess an understanding of networking and zoning to include VLAN/VSAN setup
- Possess an understanding of Storage Area Network (SAN) administration
Experience with SCAP STIG and NESSUS ACAS mitigations and patching
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.