Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Demonstrate the skill and abilities to perform moderately complex security information technology tasks independently.
- Knowledge of fundamental information technology principles, concepts and techniques including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices.
- Provide input to Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and training materials).
- Provide engineering support to security/certification test and evaluation activities; ensure security deficiencies identified during security/certification testing have been mitigated, corrected, or a risk acceptance has been obtained by the authorized representative.
- Compliance verification of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Service security alerts and bulletins, and DISA/DoD standards.
- Identify, assess, and recommend IA or IA-enabled products; Ensure recommended products are in compliance with the DoD evaluation and validation requirements.
- Must possess familiarity/knowledge of both Enterprise Commercial off the Shelf software (Windows and UNIX/Linux) and embedded computing platforms.
- Document system security design features and provide input to implementation plans and standard operating procedures.
- There is the expectation that the hired candidate has the ability to provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements of platforms, systems and labs. A qualified candidate must be able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- A Bachelor's degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technical, Engineering or Math) and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Cyber Security or another Engineering field of experience; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD.
- CompTIA Security CE Certification.
- A minimum of Secret Clearance.
- Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
Appropriate certification as required by DoD Directive 8570 (such as CISSP, CASP for an IASAE Level II Position
- Experience with network technology; preferred in the following areas: complex network infrastructures, including routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, hubs, load balancers, security devices
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-53) and Committee for National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI 1253).
- Experience with the application of the RMF to the DoD (DoDi 8500.01 Cybersecurity).
- Experience with the application of NIST 800-171 (Controlled Unclassified Information).
- Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.