Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Software Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Associate Engineer Software, familiar with service-oriented software development. The ideal candidate will be joining a highly motivated and focused agile software development team (WDD-Weather Data Dissemination).
This position is located in Bellevue, NE at the 557th Weather Wing on Offutt AFB.
• Responsible for the coding, deployment, maintenance, optimization and documentation of software applications in a multi-tier, distrusted, browser-based enterprise computer
• Understand SOA concepts and patterns
• Perform unit testing to ensure the quality of code produced
• Research and fact finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
• Participates in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support
• Collaborates with other developers and product analysts effectively
• Works well in a team environment
• 0-2 years of work related experience with a Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or STEM related field
• U.S. Citizenship
•Active DoD Secret or Interim security clearance
• Experience with Java or C
- Experience with Application Server development (GlassFish, Weblogic, etc.)
- Software analysis and design experience
- Demonstrates Leadership skills
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- EJB or servlets experience
- Application development using Weblogic/Glassfish
- SQL (MySQL, Oracle) experience
- JUnit Unix-based experience
- Shell scripting (bash, ksh) experience
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye Crucible, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration tool, Mercurial distributed version control system, and Maven
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.