Nebraska Methodist College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Person - Warehouse
at Nebraska Methodist College
Shared Service Systems
0005 - Shared Service Systems - 1725 S 20th St - Omaha NE 68
4pm-12:30am Mon-Thurs & 3pm-11:30pm Fri
- Contact: Ashley Batko
- High School Degree or GED required
· High school graduate or G.E.D. required.
· Ability to understand, read, speak and write English at the level normally acquired by completing the 12th grade required.
· Must be able to perform mathematical calculations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division required.
· Previous warehouse experience preferred
· Must be able to lift and stack up to 75 pound cases
· Requires walking, standing, lifting, stooping or bending 100% of the time
· Some computer experience preferred
Potential Job Hazards:
• Forklift traffic
• Handling some corrosive and flamable products
• Overhead hazards
• Pedestrian traffic
• Latex exposure
• Seasonal temperature fluctuation
• Must successfully complete hazmat and forklift certification with regard to job specific
function with a score of 80% within 30 days and every 3 years after.
Works under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor. Prepares for the restocking of incoming shipments as well as for customers outgoing orders by using various powered equipment. Becomes familiar with stocked items and alerts warehouse supervisor when shortages occur. Keeps warehouse clean and orderly and performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stocks new inventory from the receiving area to the primary area according to the priority the inventory coordinator. Employee will be trained in all functions of distribution activities such as receiving, restock; operate all distribution equipment and clippership.
2. Restocks and rotates new and overflow inventory to the A, B &C level sections.
3. Tags all overflow inventories with the proper ID label.
4. Fills customer orders according to the priority set up by the warehouse supervisor.
5. Stacks, repacks and wraps orders for transportation to the customer facility.
6. Operates high lifts, and powered pallet jacks within the warehouse area.
7. Practices good safety habits in and around the warehouse.
8. Assist in keeping the areas in and around the warehouse clean and orderly.
9. Must be able to pass DOT job specific hazmat training within 30 days of hire date.
10. Must be able to pass on line forklift training with in 30 days.
11. Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and
procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
12. Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior
and company policies/procedures.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.