Nebraska Methodist College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Assistant 1 - Geriatric Clinic - Geriatric Eval/Mgmt
at Nebraska Methodist College
Job Reference #: 226938
Work at :
Casual, As Needed between 8am & 5pm
Casual, As Needed between 8am & 5pm
Hours Per Week:
Casual, As Needed
Casual, As Needed
Starting Hourly Rate:
- Contact: Lauren Gardner
- High School Degree or GED required
- Purpose of Job
- Providesgeneral clerical support to department/work area
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Prior office experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills necessary to provide service excellence through verbal and written communication.
- Skills and knowledge in order to prepare reports, perform calculations, keep records, and deal effectively with people.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer applications.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures and principles of record keeping.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of third party reimbursement and medical terminology is desirable.
- Ability to take vital signs, height and weight, and provide stand-by assistance with mobility.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Light Work - Exerting up to 35 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinaryoffice environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as Xray,Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation NonIonizing(Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries totissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Note: Safety Officer can assist with identification of job hazards
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Performs reception responsibilities for visitors and answers telephone/routes calls for work area/department.
- Demonstrates good communication style and interpersonal communication skills.
- Provides prompt response and follow-up.
- When applicable, screens customers/visitors according to protocol.
- No more than 3 valid complaints in the last 12 months.
- Phone calls are managed effectively with no complaints registered regarding courtesy or responsiveness.
- Makes announcements in a professional manner.
- Contacts caregiver promptly when patients have arrived.
Copies, scans, faxes and distributes documents; may label and ensure completeness of records/documents prior to distribution; efficiently gathers, distributes and routes mail.
Types agendas, correspondence, memoranda, forms and standard documents with minimal errors.
Maintains organized filing system.
Inventories, orders and stocks office supplies.
Orients others to departmental processes, standards and procedures.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Accurately completes time card weekly via KRONOS.
Obtains, organizes or extracts data/information for reports and/or presentations.
Schedules appointments, meetings, equipment, rooms and assists staff with calendar scheduling as needed.
- Types reports and correspondence, creates forms, etc. with minimal errors in acceptable time frame.
- Confers with appropriate personnel when scheduling conflicts occur.
- Registers patients in the electronic registration system to Nebraska Methodist Hospital (NMH) in a courteous and timely manner. Reviews and explains all registration forms prior to obtaining signatures from the patients or patient representative. Performs bedside visits as needed to complete the registration process and point of service collections. Scans patient identification documents into the registration encounter.
May submit expense vouchers/receipts/adjustments for reimbursement.
- Processes check requests in a timely manner.
Provide appropriate service specific to the age of the customer/patient, to ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment, as outlined in the Population Specific Criteria.
- Identify opportunities and provides individualized customer service according to customer needs.
- Screen visitors according to protocols.
Assist with maintenance of electronic medical records.
- Establish the initial patient chart upon admission.
- Maintain chart documents according to protocol.
- Process chart upon dismissal, breaks down chart so available for Health Information Management (HIM) timely and accurately.
- Help prepare records as appropriate for patient transfers and/or referrals.
- Scan medical documents in a timely and accurate manner.
Directly responsible to the staff nurse and/or staff and assists in the care of the patient by performing delegated activities utilizing the reciprocal process of the 4 Rights of Delegation.
- Right task (within the scope of practice, according to the job description, and based on the desired outcome, task routine, non-complex, low risk and predictable outcome).
- Right person (assess competency by certification/licensure, job description, skills checklist, demonstrated skill).
- Right communication (clear, concise, correct, complete).
- Right feedback: The Reciprocal Process (timely, specific, checkpoints).
Coordinates the physician schedules to ensure effective patient flow and utilization of physician and staff time.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain an accurate and current schedule without missed opportunities or duplicate scheduling.
- No more than 3 schedule errors/omissions reported by physicians, patients or co-workers.
- All dictation and correspondence is typed accurately and mailed/faxed within 7 to 10 business days.
- Physician mail is organized and presented to the physician to promote effective and timely management of documents and patient care.
Maintains a system to ensure accurate and timely entry of patient charges.
- Charges are entered within one day of receiving charge sheet from physician.
- Charge sheets are compared to daily charge report to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- No more than 3 valid errors reported by physician or co-workers.
Coordinates maintenance of medical licenses, hospital staff privileges, narcotic licenses, continuing education records, and appropriate society memberships for physicians.
- Record of all licenses, privileges, cme's, and society memberships is current.
- No more than 3 valid errors reported by physician.
Verifies and enters insurance/payer information.
- Obtains complete and accurate payer information and scans identification and payer documents and enters the information into the electronic registration system.
- Verifies eligibility of coverage according to department guidelines.
- Completes Medicare Secondary Payer questionnaire and other payer specific documents, including Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage (ABN), as required.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.