Nebraska Methodist College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Engineer - Physical Plant
at Nebraska Methodist College
Shared Service Systems
Shared Service Systems
4am - 12:30pm Mon - Fri (Training 9am - 5:30pm)
- Contact: Ashley Batko
- High School Degree or GED required
Base Rate - $23.20/hr - Goes up with Experience
· High school graduate or equivalent with the ability to understand, read, speak, and write English to the level
normally acquired by completing the 12th grade required.
· Must have third grade engineer license required
· 5 years of experience in industrial maintenance required
· Must have own hand tools.
· Must be able to lift over 75 pounds.
· Must be able to diagnose electrical, and electronic circuits/PLC and repair and or replace as required.
· Must be able to mig weld, hard and soft solder, operate an oxygen/acetylene torch.
· Must have good mechanical knowledge in area's of but not limited to hydraulic's, pneumatic's, metal fabracation, minor metal machining (lathe and milling machines)
· Must be able to read and comprehend various schematics (wiring,hydraulic.and pneumatic).
Potential Job Hazards:
• Chemical exposure
• Electrical shock
• Environment Heat (temp)
· Stored spring tension
· Latex Exposure
· Confined Space
· Must have a third grade engineer license.
· Must have a valid driver's license.
· A Universal E.P.A. certification for refrigeration a plus but not required
· Must successfully complete Back School, an in-service and demonstration of safe body mechanics, within 90 days of hire, and annually thereafter.
· Must be able to obtain within the first 30 days of employment a classification of authorized as it applies to Shared Service System's Energy Lockout / Tagout Procedure.
· Must successfully complete forklift certification with a score of 80% within 30 days.
Works under the supervision of the Director, Industrial Operations. Operates and or maintains all mechanical equipment in association with production and building operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for boiler operation, boiler chemical testing and boiler prep and repair for inspecting. Total boiler up keep and appearance.
- Responsible for all building and equipment electrical needs (new lighting installs, wiring of new equipment, new circuit breaker panel installation, installing all telephone and data cabling ect.) .
- Responsible for building heating and cooling needs and all equipment associated with( replace A.C. compressors, condenser fans, complete condenser units, air handlers, steam coils and piping ect.).
4. Responsible for all production equipment repairs and maintenance,(replace bearings, shafts, electronic
boards and repair electronic boards weld and machine shafts, cut keyways ect.).
5. Completes all required preventative maintenance assignments on time and in a complete manner.
6. Responsible for all building and equipment plumbing needs (new install, repair and replacement).
7. Responsible for working and operating equipment in a way in which safely rules and policies are
8. Must act promptly to service calls and production needs to minimize down time.
9. Participates in mandatory in-services and/or continual education programs as mandated by policies and
procedures or external agencies, and as directed by management.
10. Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and
11. Other duties as assigned.