Nebraska Department of Labor
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Maintenance & Biomedical Equipment Technician 806-01 - PLANT MAINTENANCE
at Nebraska Department of Labor
7:30 to 16:00 m-f 14:00 to 23:00 M-F
- High School/GED
Title: Senior Maintenance & Biomedical Equipment Technician
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Plant Services Manager.
General Summary of Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, performs a variety of routine to-skilled general preventive maintenance duties in the repair, alteration and modification of building, equipment, and facilities. The Senior Maintenance & Biomedical Equipment Technician repairs, calibrates, and maintains movable medical equipment and instrumentation used in health-care delivery field. The technician services various equipment and apparatus, such as but not limited to, dialysis equipment, infusion devices, respiratory devices, patient monitoring devices and general medical equipment. The technician repairs, calibrates, and maintains all moveable medical equipment, using hand tools, power tools, measuring devices, and knowledge of manufacturers' manuals, troubleshooting techniques, and preventive maintenance schedules. The technician safety-tests medical equipment to ensure patient and staff are safe from electrical or mechanical hazards.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment according to established procedures; inspects, adjusts, lubricates, and repairs or replaces components. Services or repairs complex equipment; schedules and maintains records of maintenance and repairs.
2. Responds to calls for emergency repairs; completes repairs and documents services rendered.
3. Performs electrical safety tests and documents scheduled inspections necessary to maintain hospital electrical system and ensure it conforms to code requirements.
4. Performs and documents equipment repairs and tests new, repaired, and other equipment brought in from outside the hospital. Ensures the equipment meets the necessary safety and patient care standards required by the hospital.
5. Maintains, tests, and documents required testing and preventive maintenance of the hospital emergency diesel generator. Ensures maintenance occurs according to the established schedule and standard operating protocols.
6. Diagnoses and repairs the HVAC system, boilers and associated heating systems, and electrical and plumbing systems. Consults with maintenance engineers when needed to ensure repairs occur in a timely fashion.
7. With minimal supervision, evaluate progressively complex, biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, and perform planned maintenance (PM), and safety inspections.
8. Ensures the hospital's water treatment system meets all county public health and Joint Commission standards for safe, potable water appropriate for all patient care requirements.
9. Documents all repair actions and submits reports/summaries according to schedule set by the Plant Services Manager. Ensures proper care of tools and test equipment and ensures calibration. Maintains approved parts inventory. Enhances and maintains technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction with an emphasis in dialysis equipment.
10. Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, patients, and the public.
11. Sits on Medical Equipment Management Subcommittee.
12. Assists more or less experienced technicians on basic and complex repairs/resolutions, respectively.
13. Supports Maintenance Team by ensuring timely and punctual attendance.
14. Ensures appropriate personal and professional behaviors in all settings in support of the BBGH mission, vision, and values of Safety, Excellence, Compassion, Integrity, Devotion and Teamwork.
15. Ability to be on-call.
16. Ability to work evening shift.
Other Job Functions:
1. May be asked to use hand and power tools for the following crafts: mechanics, plumbing, woodworking, grounds, painting, electrical, plaster and masonry. Ensures confidentiality of patients, employees, physicians, legal and other company matters. Attends over 80% of staff meetings. Attend mandatory in-services, trainings and meetings. Assists in maintaining Joint Commission standards and survey preparation. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
Preferred: Five years related experience and/or training preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required: Current and Valid Driver's License
Conditional: Dialysis-specific Water Training and Equipment Training within one year of hire.
All offers of employment are subject to a Background check and drug screen.
Nebraska Department of Labor
Alliance, Ne 69301