National Dentex Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at National Dentex Corporation
Join National Dentex - a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 30 labs throughout the country. Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity at NDX Kiess Kraft in Omaha, NE for a Full-Time Dental Laboratory Technician. Previous experience is not necessary; we offer paid, hands-on training! If you are task oriented and enjoy working in a team environment, then we encourage you to apply! If you are currently a Dental Lab Technician hoping to advance your career, then we'd love to speak with you about our team!
Our Training wage is $12.50 per Hour. For experienced candidates, hourly compensation is negotiable and will be determined by skills, knowledge, abilities, and experience.
The regular hours for this position are from 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Read prescriptions (Rx), specifications and preferences received from doctor
- Select and apply the appropriate stain and glaze for the case based on the material of product
- Seek management’s assistance when unclear on doctor’s Rx or specifications
- Perform basic porcelain repairs
- Polishing metal
- Opaquing- series of steps involving washing, degassing, paching and applying opaque to metal copings
- Review final work and check completely that all quality standards have been met before passing the work to the next technician
- Ensure that all steps and Technical Team Policies are followed, in order, to ensure consistent, accurate results
- Keep all work areas clean on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Good hand-eye coordination, good manual dexterity, excellent perception skills and the ability to pay close attention to details
- The ability to trouble shoot and problem solve using past experience and success to gauge the best steps on future cases
- Excellent color perception
- Knowledge and understanding applications of color theory
- Good organizational skills and ability to stay focused
- Basic use of small paintbrushes
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience is not necessary; paid training will be provided!
- 12 months experience as a Dental Lab Technician within a Fixed Dental Prosthesis Fabrication Department preferred
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- ceramic etch
- Strip It acid
- ammonia cleaner
- ceramic polish compound
- metal polish compound
- various stain and glaze paste
- aluminum oxide 50-250 microns
- low speed hand piece
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and/or reach
- Exhibit fine motor skills and/or perform repetitive motions
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Repeated bending and kneeling
- Vision capabilities: Depth perception, attention to detail and/or color
- Push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 25 pounds