Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Skilled Trades / Remodeler / Handyman / Carpenter
at Mr. Handyman
Tired of the same 'ole, same 'ole routine of the construction business? Spending valuable family time working estimates instead of living your life? I say "work to live" not the other way around! Do you want to work for a professional company that values your family life? Night and weekend work is an exception, not the usual. Working above 40 to 60 hours a week is an option but is not mandatory!
We offer year-round work with the potential to earn $45K to $50K for the motivated energetic types. We expect you to show up to our clients home or business on time, pass an initial and follow-up background checks and drug screening and be courteous and friendly to the public. We will provide a late model GM 3/4 ton van, pay the gas, insurance and upkeep AND we will pay you $18-$24 per hour. You provide the tools and your experience for basic carpentry, minor plumbing and electrical and just about everything related to home maintenance and repair.
Our requirements are for you to be an energetic person with 10+ years experience in all aspects of home repair. We perform all types of home and commercial maintenance and repairs, from gutter cleaning and painting, to drywall repair and trim carpentry. If you like variety, this is the job for you. Work is in the Douglas and Sarpy County areas.
We offer a consistent competitive compensation package. We also provide company shirts, hats and jackets, and most importantly, a variety of exciting and interesting work. We offer vacation and holiday pay and benefits as well as a 401K package.
You must have a good driving record to drive our vehicles.
- We're looking for skilled tradesman with 10+ years of paid experience and skills across a broad spectrum of home maintenance/repair and remodeling skill categories.
- The ideal candidate has a strong carpentry background and can "do it all".
- Must have your own tools fit for many job types.
- Excellent customer communication skills required as often it's only one of our staff in the customers home for small to mid-size jobs.
- You must have a reasonably clean driving record (no DUI or suspended license) and pass a background check before being hired.
- Must be Friendly with good, clean appearance.
- Takes pride in work and delivers a great product each time.
- We provide a company van for work; cover all work related expenses (gas, uniforms, etc.).
- We offer Holiday and vacation pay and access to a 401K for retirement investing.
Servicing: Nebraska, Bellevue, Bennington, Boys Town, Boystown, Elkhorn, Gretna, La Vista, Lavista, Millard, Omaha, Papillion, Ralston, Waterloo
Please use the Email / File option to apply with text entry, and an optional Word or PDF attachment. Or, if you have a LinkedIn profile you may use that. Please include your phone/ address in the cover letter section.
We will send a follow up email with a link to complete a skills & tools assessment.