Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Research Analyst
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Program Management
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is co-owned by more than 900 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are currently hiring Operations Analyst to support key work in Colorado Springs.
Why is MTSI known as one of the Best Places to Work in the Colorado Springs area?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most critical programs to our nation's defense.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide discussions three times a year.
- Great Benefits: start at 20 days PTO/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual performance bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BC/BS health insurance plan. As employee owners, the choice is simple to take care of people and each other.
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The Operations Research Analyst will perform quantitative analyst utilizing a background in operations research, statistics, systems engineering, or a related field. You will frame conceptual challenges, developing and documenting methodologies to quantitatively analyze those challenges, and lead/guide/support the execution of studies, analyses, and assessments. Utilizing studies and analyses, you will make recommendations regarding the military utility, feasibility, and affordability of the concepts and capabilities under study. You will work as part of a contractor team working alongside a broader team of government and contract staff.
- 3+ years of experience and a Ph.D. in operations research or a theoretical science field, or
- 7+ years of experience and a Master of Science degree in operations research or a theoretical science field, AND
- A current Department of Defense security clearance at the Top Secret level or the ability to obtain such a clearance
- Ability to coordinate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives
- Experience developing and implementing mathematical and statistical models to solve various problems across multiple domains
- Experience and familiarity with the space domain
- High creativity and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities to integrate and analyze data
- Experience with R, Python, MATLAB, SAS, or JMP
- Experience with Excel VBA