Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst & Benefits Consultant
at Milliman Care Guidelines
Milliman (www.milliman.com) is an international consulting firm with over 2,700 employees and $800 million in annual revenue. With over 65 years in the consulting business, we have an excellent reputation for superior tools and service to our clients. The Omaha Health & Welfare practice started 15 years ago to serve large employers in the design and administration of their employee benefit insurance plans. Much of our success depends on our employees and our culture that recognizes and rewards employees for the value they bring to our business in general and our clients in particular. The atmosphere is business casual with 40 other professionals in an upscale office setting in Omaha's prestigious Pacific Place office park. Restaurants, shopping, biking trail, and a lake with a walking path surround the office that is centrally located at Regency Parkway (100th Street and Pacific Street).
Created due to our recent growth, the Financial Analyst & Benefits Consultant will have an important role in the ongoing success of our practice. With annualized organic growth of over 20% for the past 10 years, we have numerous clients and prospects that depend on our consultants for their success. This position will interact with all members of our staff as well as many clients. The primary challenges are the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time, the ability to interact with people with varied personalities and communication styles, and the flexibility to adjust resources as needed. Training and support are provided both corporately and locally. This position will have minimal travel requirements, if any. Some of the specific duties are listed below:
- Preparing client deliverables (reports, letters, presentations) primarily with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Responding to client requests for advice, information, explanations, or schedules through phone and e-mail
- Working with large insurance carriers such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, United HealthCare, Aetna, Cigna, Mutual of Omaha to collect data and other reports
- Managing projects for clients by working with other consultants and support staff
- B.S. or B.A. (Master’s degree a plus).
- GPA of 3.5 or greater with major in Actuarial Science, Accounting, Economics, Finance or Math
- Previous experience within insurance preferred but not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Exceptional finance and accounting abilities, including the ability to understand and extract data from corporate financial reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel, including pivot tables, database management, and report formatting
- Previous experience with database programs such as MS Access a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to portray a professional image consistent with Milliman's role as a consultant with phone calls, e-mails, and other correspondence.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work independently within a team-based consulting environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and offer input.
- Flexibility within a customer first attitude.