Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Technical Support Engineer
at Lindsay Corporation
- 17-May-2019 to 25-Jun-2019 (CST)
- Omaha, NE, USA
- Full Time
Lindsay Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a Global Technical Support Engineer to join the global headquarters in Omaha, NE. This role will have global responsibilities for assisting FieldNET and Irrigation users (Dealers, Growers and Internal) with advanced operational and technical support needs through multiple medias. This position will be responsible for providing quality of service and support in a variety of areas including global help desk support, internal and external FieldNET user training and orientation, issue tracking and escalation, fulfilling information requests, remote technical, systems, software and hardware troubleshooting, customer assurance and new product development, new features, bug fixes and warranty testing and validation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build an in-depth knowledge of the entire FieldNET product suite and how it interacts with our Lindsay Zimmatic products and third-party equipment.
- Achieve an in-depth working knowledge of competitor's telemetry and pivot systems to assist dealers on set-up, installations, differences in wiring schematics and troubleshooting.
- Make independent decisions regarding identification of issues, root cause and a plan of action to resolve issues presented.
- Handle the more complex troubleshooting issues including 3rd party vendor escalations.
- Develop and deliver training using multiple medias that include in-person, webinar, video and phone.
- Independently design radio networks for users. Make recommendations on equipment needed to build the network. Assist with installs and provide after install support.
- Identify, document and proactively communicate solutions to issues as presented. (Dealer letters, PSU letters, product notifications, issues escalations, end customer communications, etc.)
- Provide description of issues/bugs, complete ticket requirements and submit for resolution prioritization.
- Assists with installations, configuring systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and application problems, either over the phone or in person.
- Documents accurate case records of customer issues, status progress and problem resolutions utilizing our department case management system.
- Processes FieldNET subscriptions and acts as lead or back-up lead for billing processes.
- Generates ad-hoc reporting and tracking for department.
- Manages promotions/sales tracking
- Writes new procedures and updates existing as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and/or previous experience working in an agriculture, engineering or electrical field. Customer Support/Help Desk environment experience will also be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude.
- Knowledge of electrical systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where you will successfully manage multiple user cases simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions to train and outline issues identified.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task is essential.
- Savvy with Microsoft office and web-based applications.
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.