Liberty Diversified International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
at Liberty Diversified International
As a Maintenance Technician with Omaha Box Company, you will serve as a key member of the maintenance team with a primary focus on maintaining, troubleshooting issues and repairing of mechanical and electrical repair of Omaha Box’s production machinery equipment used in corrugated manufacturing. In this role, you will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
Hours/Shift: This position is 3rd shift, S – F (11:00 PM – 7:00 AM) / Occasional Fridays as needed.
Location: This position will be located in the Omaha Box Company office located in the East side of Omaha, NE, but will move to our brand new facility upon completion at 12118 S 150th St | Papillion, NE 68138.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Use your technical know how and mechanical aptitude to diagnose and troubleshoot problems and replace or repair parts.
- Confidently apply the appropriate hand /power tools, electric and volt meters, and material handling equipment to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair/replace.
- Proactively perform regular preventive maintenance on machinery, equipment and facilities.
- Collect, analyze and summarize maintenance related information and trends to drive efficiencies, streamline processes and support business decisions.
You WILL excel in this role if:
- You’re a solid team player. Although you’re self-motivated and work well independently, you also value contributing to the team and greater good of the organization. You are willing to pitch in, offer your ideas and provide constructive feedback. You bring a positive attitude and value strong, professional working relationships.
- You work hard to make things run smoother. You drive solutions that prevent issues from reoccurring, not just the quick fix. Whether it’s solving for issues with older equipment or rolling with the technological advancements of the new stuff, you’re recognized for thinking outside of the box.
- You Care About the Details. You are diligent and thorough in your work. Quality work is associated with your reputation.
- You Take the Initiative. You are self-motivated and take the initiative to go beyond just the task at hand.
To qualify, you will bring:
- A 2-year technical degree in industrial maintenance or electrical technology, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 - 10 years of experience with demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Experience repairing and replacing mechanical drive components.
- Experience in manufacturing.
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Boiler License (preferred).
about our company:
Comprised of seven companies, including Omaha Box, Liberty Diversified International (LDI) is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and is one of the largest privately held companies in the Midwest. Since our inception in 1918, we have diversified by investing in companies that share our values, have outstanding people, display growth potential in their respective markets, and realize benefit from our shared services. For nearly 100 years, our values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided our day-to-day activities. We believe that when our employees are aligned with these values, we create superior solutions and service for our customers. With roots in the corrugated fiberboard business, today we are 1,400+ employees strong and operate in the core markets of paper and packaging, building products and workplace environments. The LDI family of companies includes Liberty Carton, Liberty Paper, Harbor Packaging, Omaha Box Company, Safco, Verscene and Miller Container.
Omaha Box Company began production in East Omaha as a wooden box manufacturer in 1890. By early the 1930s we added corrugated paper to our process and today we are solely a corrugated manufacturer. As we pride ourselves in the amount of high-tech equipment we have here at Omaha Box Company, we still are located at the same location where we started back in 1890. Obviously, the buildings are much larger and there have been many improvements throughout the years, but we are still very proud of our roots in East Omaha. In March 2016, Omaha Box Company became part of the Liberty Diversified International family of businesses through acquisition.
Learn more about Omaha Box Company: www.omahabox.com
Learn more about our company: www.libertydiversified.com
Learn more about careers with us: http://jobs.libertydiversified.com/
Liberty Diversified International is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements will be considered. No relocation. No 3rd-party recruiters please