KVC Health Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at KVC Health Systems, Inc.
We are currently looking for a PRN Nurse
Assessment, Preparation, and Certifying
The PRN Nurse with input from other KVC staff, will review intake information and provide feedback and/or recommendations on ensuring client needs are met, will meet with the client in their new placement within 10 days of intake into KVC, and ensure that EFH Providers are certified Medication Aides and performing to those standards. The PRN Nurse will provide written documentation when necessary via KVC’s web-based documentation system. The PRN Nurse would function as a contributing member of the Rights Review Committee.
The PRN Nurse will secure Medication Aide licenses for all EFH providers as well as KVC staff working within the DD department are current. The PRN Nurse will be responsible for developing training, performing training, and maintaining the training needs for all EFH Providers and KVC staff within the DD department. The PRN Nurse will train EFH Providers and/or KVC staff within the DD department on medical protocol for conditions that require such (examples could include seizures, g-tube feeding, etc.). The PRN Nurse will help facilitate questions that may arise related to medical conditions or complications as well as medication needs, side effects, etc.
In conjunction with the DD team, assess ongoing EFH provider and client medical needs and resources. In conjunction with the training department, work to set up special trainings for EFH providers on topics related to providing care of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Maintain records, documentation, and prepare progress reports as needed and in compliance with certification and accreditation standards. Maintain communication with EFH providers and KVC staff working in the department on an on-call basis.
Other duties as assigned. The list below is not inclusive of all other duties.
1. Medication audits as needed.
2. Assistance in working with pharmacies to resolve issues that may arise with client medications.
3. Review intake questionnaire, specifically health and nutrition information, and make recommendations as deemed appropriate.
4. Answer calls and/or return calls within 1 hour from EFH providers and KVC staff related to:
a. Medication errors
b. Medication side effects
c. PRN requests
d. Medication questions as they arise
e. Pharmacy issues
f. Other questions or issues
5. Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team to include EFH providers, KVC staff, client’s medical and psychiatric supports, pharmacies, Service Coordination, guardians, etc.
6. Participation in KVC’s Rights Review Committee.
7. Review of pertinent web-based documentation to include: Incident reports related to health issues, t-logs, appointment logs, etc.
8. Documentation of contact, intervention, and follow-up within KVC’s web-based documentation system, in compliance with certification and accreditation standards.
9. Facilitate medication Aide training and licensing for KVC staff and subcontractors.
10. Performs nursing functions with clients at the request of a medical or psychiatric professional and/or as they see fit within their scope of practice
11. Follow and perform duties under the nursing code of ethics (American Nursing Association or ANA)
12. Answer and monitor emails in a timely manner.
Each year, we touch the lives of more than 60,000 children and families.
Since our origin in 1970, KVC Health Systems Inc., (KVC) has grown to become a national presence in the field of human services. As a nonprofit corporation and parent company to six subsidiaries, we provide medical and behavioral health care, social services and education to children and families. Currently, we are looking for dedicated and dynamic professionals interested in making a difference to join our team.
At KVC, we are committed to using family-centered, culturally-informed and evidence-based practices to heal children and their families. While we currently provide care to children and families in five states, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska and West Virginia; each has its own unique set of service offerings. Our vision is to provide leadership in behavioral healthcare, social services and professional education through the provision of service delivery models with proven quality and fiscal accountability. We're proud to offer one of the most extensive networks of child and family services, including foster family care, adoption services, in-home family therapy, outpatient behavioral healthcare, children's psychiatric hospitals, and training and education.
Our employees impact thousands of people's lives daily and are a key to our success. We provide a collaborative work environment, competitive pay and guarantee that no two days will be the same. Interested in impacting the lives of children and families'? Learn about our current opportunities by joining our Talent Network today.
What is Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.