Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation & Logistics Specialist
The Transportation & Logistics Specialist is responsible for drafting, preparing and tracking documentation for all aspects of rail and/or barge transactions across various business groups and regions. Individuals have extensive knowledge of products, general pricing and term structures necessary for efficient, proactive execution. Works with marketing, accounting, legal, and other operations staff to ensure that all correspondences satisfy applicable legal, regulatory, investment, operating, and fiduciary requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for day to day logistics coordination and execution.
- Responsible for learning and participating with billing of railcars on multiple railroads.
- Apply railroad tariff and shuttle rules to comply with shuttle incentive, pre-release and billing requirements.
- Required participation with on-call rotations including occasional nights and weekends.
- Responsible for timely and accurate rate quotations and shipment rating.
- Accurately update rate and mileage spreadsheets to track Railroad tariff rates.
- Research and resolve any issues identified as a result of the Transportation month-end process.
- Maintain relationships with customers, brokers, elevators and freight forwarders on shipments of grain and Ingredients for domestic and export.
- Assist merchandisers/traders with contractual concerns to coordinate shipments of various commodities.
- Extensive customer service responsibilities including problem resolution while building positive internal and external relationships.
- Participate with Freight Analysis Review and reconciliation.
- Ensure consistent compliance with internal controls, corporate accounting standards, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and participate in special projects on an as-needed basis
- Communicate with co-workers, management and company personnel in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
Other Job Functions:
- Work with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, and minimize costs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Transportation or other related field required.
- Individual must demonstrate a positive, proactive attitude and the ability to multi-task in a team environment
- Must be able to work proficiently with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must display an attention to detail at all times while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidential information.
- Indoor work environment
- On-call shifts to include occasional overnights and weekends
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time
- Position requires operation of a computer and other standard office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator, computer printer, phone up to 90% of the time
- Frequently communicates with employees and customers in the office and at remote locations