DXP Enterprises, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DXP Enterprises, Inc.
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of the Manual Machinist include, but are not limited to:
- Reads and interprets blueprints
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Precision machining of parts including, couplings, bushings, sleeves, cylinder tubes and cylinder shafts
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Assist with the fabrication and assembly of hydraulic power units
- Assist with the disassembly and re-assembly of hydraulic components
Qualifications of the Manual Machinist include, but are not limited to:
- Proven experience as a machinist
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
Physical Demand: Must pass physical and be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted.
Working Conditions: Shop Environment
Shift Time/Overtime: N/A
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship would be an asset
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
DXP Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXPE), is a leading products and service distributor that adds value and total cost savings solutions to industrial customers throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. DXP provides innovative pumping solutions, supply chain services and maintenance, repair, operating and production ("MROP") services that emphasize and utilize DXP’s vast product knowledge and technical expertise in rotating equipment, bearings, power transmission, industrial supplies and safety products and services. DXP's breadth of MROP products and service solutions allows DXP to be flexible and customer driven, creating competitive advantages for our customers. DXP’s business segments include Service Centers, Innovative Pumping Solutions and Supply Chain Services.
We’re looking for individuals who are seeking the opportunity to develop, learn and grow with our dynamic company. At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers.
Choose Your Path
The company provides many career options for qualified individuals. The scope of disciplines required and the products created gives employees a broad spectrum of career growth opportunities.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Training & Development
At DXP, we value the knowledge, diversity and performance our employees have to offer. In our pursuit of excellence, we’re engaging some of the brightest minds while continuing to stay on the leading edge of technology. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development to achieve ongoing success.
Do you want to grow with us? Search for your new career at DXP and become a part of something spectacular. Join the DXP Enterprises Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?