DXP Enterprises, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Strategic Sourcing
at DXP Enterprises, Inc.
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of Manager of Strategic Sourcing include, but are not limited to:
Develop and manage a robust team of Sourcing Specialists to meet company demands for achieving the best pricing for products maximizing margin potential
Perform other tasks as directed by the Director of Strategic Sourcing to ensure DXP SCS meets and exceeds customer service needs, internal and external
- Perform exports of DCT dataset to create work-files and import sourced data back into DCT as required
- Accurate and timely communication at all levels: Program Managers, General Managers and VP of Operations during all new implementations
- Manage and make recommendation on substitutions for presentation during implementations to assist in achieving cost savings goals
- Manage company vendor base, maintain performance levels and pursue new vendors as needed for specialty products
- Manage the day to day Sourcing Specialists activities ensuring on time and accurate delivery of projects.
- Conduct accurate data analysis on all initial datasets prior to sourcing
- Perform analysis on spend buckets to accurately determine Tier 1 spend
- Process and review "Price Variance Reports" for Operations: GM’s and VP’s
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and timeliness on all requests for sourcing efforts
- Work Market Baskets as instructed by Business Development
Qualifications of the Manager of Strategic Sourcing include, but are not limited to:
Knowledge of MRO product categories and suppliers
Possess strong analytical skills
Adapt at running database queries and report writing
- Computer skills
- Advanced computer and keyboarding knowledge
- Microsoft Excel advanced skills
- Microsoft Access intermediate skills
- Microsoft PowerPoint intermediate skills
- Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of Relational Databases – Ability to manipulate datasets
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage workload
Physical Demand: N/A
Working Conditions: Office
Shift Time/Overtime: Monday - Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Education: High School – Bachelor Degree Preferred
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
DXP Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXPE), is a leading products and service distributor that adds value and total cost savings solutions to industrial customers throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. DXP provides innovative pumping solutions, supply chain services and maintenance, repair, operating and production ("MROP") services that emphasize and utilize DXP’s vast product knowledge and technical expertise in rotating equipment, bearings, power transmission, industrial supplies and safety products and services. DXP's breadth of MROP products and service solutions allows DXP to be flexible and customer driven, creating competitive advantages for our customers. DXP’s business segments include Service Centers, Innovative Pumping Solutions and Supply Chain Services.
We’re looking for individuals who are seeking the opportunity to develop, learn and grow with our dynamic company. At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers.
Choose Your Path
The company provides many career options for qualified individuals. The scope of disciplines required and the products created gives employees a broad spectrum of career growth opportunities.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Training & Development
At DXP, we value the knowledge, diversity and performance our employees have to offer. In our pursuit of excellence, we’re engaging some of the brightest minds while continuing to stay on the leading edge of technology. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development to achieve ongoing success.
Do you want to grow with us? Search for your new career at DXP and become a part of something spectacular. Join the DXP Enterprises Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?