Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DLR Group
The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a BIM Coordinator.
- Chicago, IL
The BIM Coordinator will oversee the successful implementation of BIM best practices, by serving as a resource to our professional staff during all phases of our projects.
If you are a collaborative thought leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
The BIM Coordinator will monitor the progress of BIM workflow between project teams, our clients, our consultants, and contractors. The top priority of the BIM Coordinator is to ensure that our project teams are operating at maximum efficiency, as this relates to the utilization of BIM.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate as a member of DLR Group’s BIM Team.
- Respond to the support requests and post BIM related articles/solutions on internal intranet.
- Participate in onboarding of each new team member.
- Evaluate skill level and provide successful training of team members and maintain training needs database.
- Assist Project Managers and teams with Project Workflow.
- Prepare and present BIM Kick off Meetings
- Author Exhibits E203, G202 and G201 for projects
- Set Up Revit Project Central Files
- Train team members on how to create and develop deliverable documents
- Implement DLR Group Contract Document standards in the Revit Environment
- Communicate Project Workflow ideology to Design Team, both internal and external
- Direct teams to resolve warnings and errors on a timely basis (specifically after deadlines)
- Prepare short user instruction manuals for users
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or equivalent.
- Have sound and highly developed technical competency skills in the areas of utilizing BIM tools, the ability to learn new BIM tools and the ability to translate and implement DLR Group best practices and training.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical drawings and models.
- Ability to apply new ideas and thoughts to challenging situations that elevates the human experience.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a cross-disciplinary team atmosphere and across multiple offices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- RA, NCARB, PE, CID, NCIDQ or equivalent accreditation. LEED accreditation a plus.
DLR Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V