Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT System Administrator
at Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy LLC
Summary: The System Administrator recommends, develops, configures, installs, monitors, and supports the server hardware/software, underlying storage systems and related system components. Assists with ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the system environment. Assists in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm. Diagnoses, resolves, and documents hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provides end user training and support where required.
Bachelor's degree required. Five years’ experience of system administrative experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Microsoft certification preferred
• VMWare certification preferred
• Storage certification or education preferred
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
• Primary point of contact for server systems.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
• Complete restores as necessary
• Provide advanced support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
• Manage system related projects as needed.
• Ensure operational availability of key servers and systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Must be able to provide on-call support 24x7.
• Stay current with system technology and architecture plans.
• Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures for data security and disaster recovery.
• Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are a representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic math while analyzing data and generating reports.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and piratical problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products and IT systems.
Information Security Expectations:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to abide by Diplomat’s information security policies, employee handbook and security and privacy regulatory requirements. Each employee is responsible for the secure and appropriate handling of Diplomat information, information received by customers, other companies and/or external parties.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Experience with the following platforms and environments: Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2003/ 2008, Windows/SQL cluster administration, Linux, EMC storage arrays/SAN, VMWare, UCS, ADFS, Exchange and Web administration
• Experience with backup/restores and disaster recovery and business continuity principles
• Familiarity with SQL environments (2008/2012)
• Ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
• Strong organizational, fact-finding skills and problem solving skills are required.
• Must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette.
• Ability to be proactive in the training and mentoring of other staff members.
• Should be organized and able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Possess excellent communication skills, a positive work attitude and willingness to learn and grow in the position.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Be able to work well with various personalities and work as a team.
• Must be dependable and able to act with discretion maintaining levels of strict confidentiality.
• Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements.
• Should be independent and self-motivated – able to work and accomplish goals with little to no supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Health Guides: -please delete if no health requirements (TB screen annually, Hepatitis B Vaccination, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Diplomat provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Diplomat complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this role.