CSG Systems Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Systems Administrator
at CSG Systems Inc.
15678 Senior Systems Administrator (Open)
Position Type:Full time
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the configuration and support of Microsoft Windows-based servers running Active Directory and associated services. Will work with a team that acts as a primary escalation point to resolve difficult problems and provide solutions involving new and existing technologies. Responsible for providing technical and Windows administration support to ensure that production servers, operating systems, and systems management components are functioning properly. Assist on projects plans and documentation for hardware/software architecture.
- Global support and administration of core Active Directory and associated services (AD, Replication, Forest and Domain Level Trusts, DNS, ADFS, DHCP, PKI, GPOs, etc.)
- Analyze and document current infrastructure and devise strategies for monitoring in-house application performance characteristics, interprocess communications, messaging, middleware and collaborative software on various platforms
- Assist in development of hardware/software business cost-of-ownership models and presentations for management
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and support for hardware, operating systems, and applications
- Participation in completing customer change requests and problem ticket resolution outside of normal business hours
- On-call duties that include 24x7 pager response
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or a related subject or equivalent related experience
- Five years' experience in a primary support role managing a large Active Directory Windows server infrastructure (50+ servers) consisting of the following:
- Windows 2016, 2012, 2008
- Active Directory (including having worked in the set-up and implementation process)
- Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure Public Cloud
- Task automation using PowerShell
- Demonstrated proficiency in the design, implementation and maintenance of Microsoft operating systems/technologies
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Automation Technologies
- Microsoft ADFS
- Certificate Authority Installation and Management
- Knowledge of PKI Methodologies and SSL/TLS
- Microsoft MFA
- Implementing Security best practices (CIS hardening, PAM, MIM, JIT/JEA)
- Working with network infrastructure applications across networks such as messaging, database, Intranet, Internet communications and operating systems administration
- Supporting server operating system technology
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with significant real-world, experience/expertise in the following areas:
- PowerShell, .NET, TerraForm, Ruby, WMI, SQL
- Monitoring methodology and technologies
- IT Infrastructure Management Frameworks such as ITIL and the Microsoft Operations framework
- Microsoft Operations Suite products (SCCM, SCOM, EndPoint)
- Vmware ESX Server
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate potential problems and develop contingency plans
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical subjects with technical and non-technical employees
- Knowledge in hardware/software architecture as well as being able to implement solutions for the company
- Skills in configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting server-class hardware
- Experience identifying issues and determining root cause via a consistent, layer by layer, logical approach.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assigned tasks/projects in addition to daily responsibilities
- Prefer experience building scripts to assist and automate support of large server deployments
- Ability and willingness to be on-call 24x7 in an on-call rotation
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical users
- Ability to learn and use professional concepts
CSG is driven by a singular vision: Flexible, seamless, limitless communications, information and content services for everyone and we help our customers thrive in the most dynamic, challenging and complex market conditions imaginable.
As the one of largest business support solutions providers, CSG International provides solutions to a global client base and across market segments. Join an elite team of industry leading professionals who are driven for success in finding innovative solutions for our company and clients. We respond to the complexity of a dynamic, convergent world with a flexible set of needs-based solutions, innovative new technologies and forward thinking that helps our clients solve business problems and identify new opportunities and revenue streams.
In today's dynamic and competitive marketplace, one thing is certain: change. The one of the world's leading providers of business support solutions, CSG International Understands what it means to evolve, adapt and transform. Our goal is to help you generate revenue, maximize customer value, and manage your business more efficiently.
CSG is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled / Female / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity Employer. CSG does not discriminate on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision.
CSG will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with CSG and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please call us at 1 (402) 431-7440 or email us at List-Hr-EEO-Coordinators@csgi.com