CSG Systems Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CSG Systems Inc.
15647 Accountant II (Open)
Position Type:Full time
As an Output Solutions Accountant II, you will succeed by establishing and maintaining sound processes to maintain the integrity of the data reported in CSG's Output Solutions business. The position will partner with leadership, purchasing, finance and accounting to protect margins, bill clients accurately and prepare forecasts and budgets which will require a strong accounting acumen.
Pricing. Utilize strong understanding of material costs and customer contracts to maintain established margins.
- Help establish and implement best practices for setting and maintaining consistent pricing.
- Ensure all variables are captured with each new material request to ensure appropriate customer pricing.
- Ensure all price changes are reported to contract accounting for accurate billing.
Forecasting. In collaboration with Marketing Solutions, accounting and finance provide timely and accurate forecasts for materials expense.
- Accurately forecast paper and envelope expense monthly using projected volumes.
- Collaborate with Marketing Solutions to incorporate expense allocation numbers for ad pages to paper and envelope forecast.
- Ensure current month ad page volumes are understood and accurately reflected for forecasting of paper usage.
- Utilizing direct net reports for insert insertion volumes and client contract price forecast monthly insertion revenue.
- Partner with Operations, Marketing Solutions, Purchasing, Accounting and Finance teams to promote clear and concise communication and understanding of the items to be reported.
Billing. Utilize strong organizational skills and accounting acumen to accurately bill for material usage.
- Maintain accurate price lists for all client paper and envelopes.
- Run monthly item usage reports to identify paper and envelopes used by client for the month.
- Utilizing monthly billing trans report and item usage reports bill paper, envelopes, and customer letters.
Month-end. Utilize thorough understanding of accounting principles to accurately reflect inventory usage in company financials.
- Work closely with purchasing to capture month end inventory values and accruals.
- Validate that all deliveries throughout the month have been accurately accounted for in the appropriate general ledger account.
- Ensure all necessary adjustments are accurate and complete.
- Evaluate monthly general ledger usage and explain any variations from expected or normal volumes.
- Prepare formal month-end journal entries for inventory accrual, third party held inventory, ad insert accrual and accounts payable reclass items.
Budget. Partner with finance to ensure an accurate budget is established for all paper and envelopes used in the Output Solutions Center facilities.
- Work with purchasing to understand the different types of paper and envelopes used and average monthly usages.
- Partner with finance to ensure volumes by client are representative of monthly usages identified by purchasing.
- Ensure the most current costs are incorporated into budget numbers as obtained through RFP process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of accounting in a print or comparable environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independent decision-making abilities which impact department policies and procedures
- Strong mathematical and accounting skills to ensure accurate billing and reporting
- Demonstrated accounting acumen with the ability to translate business requirements into accurate billing and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment
- Strong consulting, negotiation, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Process management orientation with the ability to analyze work flow, evaluate processes, and formulate plans to deliver accurate and timely results and reports.
- Ability to use a personal computer. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities to obtain results in a constantly changing environment
CSG is driven by a singular vision: Flexible, seamless, limitless communications, information and content services for everyone and we help our customers thrive in the most dynamic, challenging and complex market conditions imaginable.
As the one of largest business support solutions providers, CSG International provides solutions to a global client base and across market segments. Join an elite team of industry leading professionals who are driven for success in finding innovative solutions for our company and clients. We respond to the complexity of a dynamic, convergent world with a flexible set of needs-based solutions, innovative new technologies and forward thinking that helps our clients solve business problems and identify new opportunities and revenue streams.
In today's dynamic and competitive marketplace, one thing is certain: change. The one of the world's leading providers of business support solutions, CSG International Understands what it means to evolve, adapt and transform. Our goal is to help you generate revenue, maximize customer value, and manage your business more efficiently.
CSG is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled / Female / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity Employer. CSG does not discriminate on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision.
CSG will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with CSG and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please call us at 1 (402) 431-7440 or email us at List-Hr-EEO-Coordinators@csgi.com