COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Part-Time) - Ralston Arena
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Food Services & Hospitality
- Location Name
- Spectra VM - Ralston Arena
- Food/Beverage Management
- Regular Full-Time
This position is based at our Ralston Arena. The Ralston Arena, also called the Ralston Sports and Event Center, is an arena located in Ralston, Nebraska, a suburb of Omaha, Nebraska. It serves as the home of the Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League and the Omaha Beef of Champions Indoor Football. It also served as home to the Omaha Mavericks NCAA Division I men's basketball team, representing the University of Nebraska Omaha, from its opening until the end of the 2014–15 season, with the school opening Baxter Arena for the 2015–16 season. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.ralstonarena.com/
Provides administrative assistance for catering and concessions operations in the facility, while supporting and assisting the Catering /Concessions Manager and/or Director of Food & Beverage in support of department efficiency by performing the following duties.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Assists cashiers with event set up and check out
- Assists the catering/concessions employees in the preparation of food and refreshments
- Assists with the service of food and refreshments
- Assists with clean-up of all areas served by the Food & Beverage department to include, but not limited to; banquet areas, suites, kitchen, work areas, concession stands, etc.
- Assists in the training of catering/concession employees in the use of Appetize POS (Point Of Sale) system. Including APPETIZE POS management functions training for key personnel as needed
- Assists in check out of concession workers and contractors by utilization of APPETIZE Tangent software adhering to stand sheet accountability process following events
- Assists in using APPETIZE Software and stand sheet (or approved document) to accurately close concession stands in accordance with closing procedures.
- Assists in the training of catering/concessions employees to ensure high quality, efficient and profitable food service
- Schedules and assigns catering and concessions workers with the assistance of the Catering/Concession Manager
- Assists in inventory of supplies, including, but not limited to; in house inventory at end of each event, monthly inventories, or other periodic inventories as directed
- Works within and oversees employee’s work habits to insure they conform with Douglas County Health Department Rules and Regulations, the Nebraska Liquor Commission, and all applicable State of Nebraska laws and Ralston City Ordinances.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Carrying out administrative assistance responsibilities in accordance with Ralston Arena policies, procedures, and applicable laws
- Training and coaching of employees
- Willing to work flexible shifts or extended hours as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree from an accredited culinary or management program, or 2 to 3 years related experience, or; Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a public assembly facility strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to control costs, generate increased revenue and manage accounts payable/receivable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fiscal status through financial reporting tools
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to train/assist workers to ensure high quality, efficient, and profitable food service
- Ability to manage several direct reporting tools, both written and computer generated
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to provide assistance as a concession or bar staff member to increase customer service times or fill a vacancy resulting from unexpected absences
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have competent knowledge and demonstrate ability of computers including but not limited to;
- Microsoft office
- APPETIZE Point Of Sale (POS) program and software
- Inventory item maintenance and input capabilities in APPETIZE system or other similar POS programs or softwareOr demonstrated ability, through past experience, to quickly learn, understand, implement, and apply POS concepts. Demonstrated ability must include the ability of the employer to readily validate the abilities through candid and open dialogue with past employers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must also have the ability to stoop, squat, reach and/or lift over their head. The employee should have the ability to perform in a range of environments. The employee may be required to work indoors or outdoors. In addition, the employee may work in environments that are hot and cold.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER