ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Security Officer - Blackstone, VA (FASTC)
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Unit Security Officer - (Top Secret Clearance) - Blackstone, VA
This position supports the Training Resource Management Division (TRM), Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC), Training Directorate (T), Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), U.S. Department of State (DOS). FASTC provides protection and security training for Diplomatic Security and the Foreign Affairs community personnel in support of U.S. national security interests abroad.
The incumbent serves as a TRM Unit Security Officer (USO), responsible for working with the Bureau Security Officer (BSO) to develop and implement security procedures within the Division. The position is based in Blackstone, VA.
- Assure access to secured information, assets, and material is clearly consistent with position sensitivity and in the national interest
- Develop, evaluate, and implement security program policy. Developing, evaluating, and maintaining policies, devices, procedures, and methods used for safeguarding information, property, personnel, operations, and materials
- Train personnel in security requirements and procedures. Perform instructional duties as part of their program responsibilities. Responsibility for orienting staff and contractors to the security program and assisting in initiating the measures necessary to established standards
- Assist DS/DO to develop security plans involving access to grounds by employees, vendors, Government personnel, and others; badge and pass systems; clearance records and controls; fences; alarms; intrusion detection and other electronic devices; guard force levels and their duties, responsibilities, and response times
- Set up and monitor internal security programs that are administered by DOS/DS/SI. Such programs include instructions and procedures for controlling and storing documents, office closing procedures, and locking and unlocking procedures for safes, doors, vaults, and desks. Monitors the operating effectiveness of such programs by administering a system for reporting violations and recommending corrective actions in prescribed security procedures
- Provide authoritative information and assistance to DS/T. Advising on personnel security policies and related matters, and on the impact of personnel security requirements on organizational missions. administering security awareness programs
- Work with the DS/IS/APD Bureau Security Officer (BSO) to review designs; inspect facilities where sensitive material will be located; ascertain the use of material in the organization, who is to use it, and how it should be protected; evaluate the effectiveness of existing security practices; recommend the type of control requirements, procedures, and facilities needed; assure that organization personnel are adhering to established policy and practices; and recommend appropriate action to correct deficiencies. Determine or recommend the number and kind of safes, alarms, locks, fences, and markings needed; lay out restricted or controlled areas. identifying information requiring protection and designating the level of protection required. Such information (documents, materials, devices, industrial processes, systems, etc.)
- Analytical, planning, advisory and/or operational experience in the development and
- implementation of policies, procedures, standards, training, and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations, or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism, espionage, sabotage, or loss
- Knowledge in intrusion detection systems and devices, safes and other storage containers, locks and locking systems, personnel entry control systems, security measures applicable to transporting and shipping requirements
- The ability to resolve problems or conflicts between physical security requirements and organizational missions
- Combination of college level education and experience that is equivalent to ten (10+) years of experience related to carrying out security responsibilities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Must have high ethical standards and demonstrate integrity
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with ability to prioritize and monitor multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must maintain high standards for quality of work and professional growth
- Must be able to develop solid understanding of Department of State rules, regulations, and procedure related to securing information, equipment, and space and safeguarding classified information in secure and non-secure environments
- Maintains professional competence and specialized knowledge base by keeping abreast of emerging security themes and best practices
- Department of State experience and familiarity of the FAM/FAH preferred.
- Skills sufficient to research, design, plan, organize, coordinate, and evaluate a fully developed security program and advise upper management on courses of action affecting FASTC unit security operations
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel and Outlook)
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company