ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Subject Matter Expert (Information Assurance) - Dunn Loring, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Job Reference #: 1484
Subject Matter Expert (Information Assurance) - Top Secret Clearance - Dunn Loring, VA
The Subject Matter Expert will support the development and implementation of Information Assurance/Cybersecurity (IA/CS) role-based training curriculum and courses for the U.S. Department of State. The position is based at the Diplomatic Security Training Center (DSTC) in Dunn Loring, VA. The SME is responsible for:
* Ensuring the courseware meets government requirements
* Working with instructional systems designers
* Maintaining the accuracy and relevancy of the courseware
* Providing expert advice and recommendations for programs, contracts, policies, and/or topics relevant to IA/CS
* Provides subject matter expertise for Information Assurance (IA) programs
* Attends meetings and provides input associated with IA/CS
* Develops relationships within the IA/CS community
* Participates in analyzing, writing, and formulating documents and providing evaluations/recommendations
* Provides subject matter guidance for all approved courses that are presented domestically and abroad and reviews all courses for accuracy and completeness
* Works with other Department of State (DOS) policies, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards, and Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) requirements to ensure that courses are current with policies, procedures, and directives
* Monitors and ensures that all course material follows the Training and Performance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Federal Law Enforcement Training Academy (FLETA) Accreditation and completion. This includes, but is not limited to, new development of courses, maintenance of courseware and/or revision of courseware
* Escorts un-cleared personnel, when necessary
* May be called upon to assist with internal training matters
* Domestic travel may be required for approximately 5% of the year
* International travel may be required for approximately 5% of the year
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Education or Training with fifteen (15) years of experience in a relevant field
* Master’s Degree preferred
* A+, Network+ and Security+ certification, current and in good standing, as a minimum; CISSP preferred
* Three or more (3+) years of progressive demonstration of course design, relevance, awareness of policy changes, implementations and operational tradecraft
* Comprehensive knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) operational tradecraft
* Knowledge of federal IA polices, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) information systems security controls, regulations and standards
* Must be fully skilled in course delivery
* Solid interpersonal skills and attention to detail
* Excellent writing and communications skills
* Ability to advise on organizational performance, strategic planning, and interact with high-level government officials
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Project Manager
* Experience in government information assurance training
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!