ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Skills Tactics Instructor (High Threat Unit) - Blackstone, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Special Skills Tactics Instructor (High Threat Unit) - Secret Clearance - Blackstone, VA
The Special Skills Tactics Instructor will serve as an instructor and subject matter expert in areas that may include defensive/non-lethal force tactics, room entry tactics, small unit tactics, physical fitness/wellness, emergency medical care, suspect apprehension and control techniques, risk management, mission planning, personal security detail operations, communications, security awareness and threat prevention, surveillance and surveillance detection, react to direct and indirect fire.
The incumbent has responsibility for planning, organizing, and presenting and/or managing the presentation of one or more of these subjects and for evaluating training effectiveness to ensure that objectives are met.
The incumbent may also serve as a subject matter expert for all Diplomatic Security (DS) specialized skills programs, force continuum procedures and for such anti-terrorism topics as domestic and overseas high threat dignitary protection, improvised explosive device (IED) recognition, room entry tactics (Close Quarters Battle-CQB), defensive tactics, advanced firearms tactical applications and physical fitness.
The position is based at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA.
- Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in all environmental conditions
- Maintains liaison with law enforcement, security, military, government and civilian organizations
- Researches and reviews information related to DS and keeps abreast of current security techniques, methods, and procedures through attendance at training sessions, seminars, and workshops
- Complies with all Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA) accreditation standards
- Reviews established training objectives, lesson plans, training materials, and instructional methods prior to the beginning of assigned courses
- Tests/evaluates new training courses and instructional materials
- Resolves problems that occur in the preparation for and during training
- Evaluates training effectiveness to ensure that training objectives are met
- Reviews and analyzes trainee evaluations and feedback from other instructors
- Identifies need for and assists with revisions to course content and materials or instructional methods as necessary to improve the effectiveness and quality of the training curriculum
- Participates in curriculum review and the design of new training as a subject matter expert
- Ensures optimum efficiency in the use of assigned resources
- Assists instructors in other security-related subjects
- Performs Training Safety Officer/role player controller support tasks and assigns other instructors and role players as needed to assist in training sessions
- Provides assistance with practical exercises
- Presents briefings to a wide range of audiences
- Assists in scheduling and planning classes by developing and maintaining close contact with program coordinators and other training entities
- Ensures training is consistent with Department regulations and applicable law
- Submits training records in a timely manner
- Assists with equipment inventory and maintenance for assigned training programs
- Maintains levels of proficiency in all duty-related techniques and procedures
- Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
- Travels as necessary to other U.S. and foreign training sites, though it is not expected such travel will exceed 25% of total work time
- Must have a high school diploma; Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Three (3) years of instructor experience required, plus five (5) years of relevant hard skills tactics experience
- Experience working overseas preferred
- Experience in an embassy environment preferred
- Completion of a recognized instructor development training course preferred
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and possess organizational skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of security concepts, principles, and practices to provide basic and advanced training in the application of protective and personal security and surveillance detection
- Intermediate knowledge of security programs, operations, and techniques, including terrorism and anti-terrorism operations
- Intermediate knowledge of current protective security methods to provide instruction that is consistent with current practices
- Familiarity with the duties of Foreign Service and foreign affairs personnel preferred
- Basic knowledge of adult learning principles, course development, classroom and practical instructional presentation methods, and methods for evaluating training effectiveness
- Basic knowledge of the development and revision of training curriculum
- Ability to immediately analyze, predict, and preclude situations to ensure training is conducted in a safe manner
- Ability to establish and maintain liaison with personnel at all levels in order to plan and coordinate assigned responsibilities
- Skill in oral and written communications to present training to a variety of audiences
- Ability to complete work requiring regular and recurring physical and mental exertion, long periods of standing, and irregular hours
- Ability to work in unpleasant or adverse environmental conditions, such as extreme hot and cold
- Ability to lift and carry equipment and materials
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that consists of numerous personnel and use of pyrotechnics
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive official US Government vehicles
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company