ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Skills Tactics Instructor (Fire as a Weapon Program) - Summit Point,WV
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Job Reference #: 1468
Special Skills Tactics Instructor (Fire as A Weapon Program) - Secret Clearance - Summit Point, WV
The Special Skills Tactics Instructor will serve as an instructor and subject matter expert in the Fire as A Weapon Program (FAAW). The FAAW program provides students with information so that the best operational decisions can be made (reacting, planning, defending) during a fire emergency. FAAW candidates must have either a firefighter’s background, or a tactical (military, law enforcement, etc.) background.
The Special Skills Tactics Instructor reports to the Fire as a Weapon (FAAW) Unit Chief located in the Special Skills Branch (SSB), Security and Law Enforcement Training Division, Office of Training and Performance Support (TPS), Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), U.S. Department of State. The TPS is a fully accredited academy through Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA). The incumbent will serve as an instructor in the FAAW program; instructing tactics, techniques, and procedures as they relate to a fire emergency, in combination with an enemy attack.
The position is currently based at the U.S. Department of State, Interim Training Facility in Summit Point, WV. The Department of State is planning to relocate this position to the new Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA in late 2019. Applicants who are open to remaining with this program and moving to FASTC are preferred.
* Plans, organizes, and manages basic and advanced tactical instruction and other related anti-terrorism topics for both domestic and overseas programs in all environmental conditions (indoor and outdoor). Tactical topics include: room entry tactics, vehicle operations, small unit tactics, urban warfare operations, emergency medical care, basic and advanced marksmanship applications, simulated attack scenarios, basic and advanced anti-terrorism tactics, techniques, and procedures
* Teaches fire-related topics
* Performs Training Safety Officer/role player controller support tasks
* Reviews established training objectives, lesson plans, training materials, and instructional methods prior to the beginning of assigned courses
* Complies with all FLETA accreditation standards
* Researches and reviews current intelligence related to the diplomatic security mission and introduces applicable information
* Resolves problems that occur in the preparation for and during training
* Evaluates training effectiveness to ensure that training objectives have been met
* Reviews and analyzes trainee evaluations, feedback from instructors, and personal observations
* Identifies need for revision of course content and materials or instructional methods as necessary to improve the training curriculum effectiveness and quality
* Evaluates the impact of planned or projected changes in DS security programs and associated training requirements on the existing content, materials, and methods used for technical security training
* Recommends minor updates/revisions of courses or recommends the need for a complete curriculum review to the Unit Chief
* Assists instructors in other security related subjects
* Provides assistance in conducting practical exercises when needed
* Must have a high school diploma
* Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and possess organizational skills
* Basic knowledge of security concepts, principles, and practices to provide basic training in the application of protective and personal security
* Basic knowledge of security programs, operations, and techniques, including terrorism and anti-terrorism operations
* Basic knowledge of current protective security methods to provide instruction that is consistent with current practices
* Basic knowledge of adult learning principles, course development, classroom and practical instructional presentation methods, and methods for evaluating training effectiveness
* Basic knowledge of the development and revision of training curriculum
* Ability to immediately analyze, predict, and preclude situations to ensure training is conducted in a safe manner
* Ability to establish and maintain liaison with personnel at all levels in order to plan and coordinate assigned responsibilities
* Skill in oral and written communications to present training to a variety of audiences
* Ability to complete work requiring regular and recurring physical and mental exertion, long periods of standing, and irregular hours
* Ability to work in unpleasant or adverse environmental conditions, such as extreme hot and cold
* Ability to lift and carry equipment and materials
* Ability to work effectively in an environment that consists of numerous personnel and use of pyrotechnics
* Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive official US Government vehicles
* Familiarity with the duties of Foreign Service and foreign affairs personnel
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance access
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!