ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor - Springfield, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Job Reference #: 1480
Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor - Secret Clearance Required - Springfield, VA
The Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor provides subject matter expertise and instruction in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance and repair of electrical systems, electronic systems, hydraulic systems, computer network equipment, installation of infrastructure, copper power, communication and signal wiring, coaxial cable and fiber optics and associated equipment. The incumbent works under the guidance of the Program Office. This position is based at the U.S. Department of State annex in Springfield, VA.
* Designs and presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings to audiences on the following technical security topics:
oSecurity Systems Standards Review and Inspection
oElectrical Systems including Power Regulators and Uninterruptable Power Supplies
oNational Electric Code
oBasic Computer Networking
oFiber Optic Installation
oPedestrian and Vehicle Screening Systems
oAccess Control Systems
oAccess Denial Systems
oIntrusion Detection Systems
oPublic Address and Announcing Systems
oClosed Circuit TV Security Systems
oIP Based Video Surveillance Systems
oSecurity Management Systems
oPhysical Security Systems
oElectric and Hydraulically Operated Vehicle Arrest Systems
oOperation of GSA Approved Security Containers and DS Approved Locking Devices
* Helps to develop and maintains technical security system training syllabi/curriculum/ lesson plans, presentation media, administrative/self-study guides, and trainee reference manuals for technical security devices, systems and procedures
* Coordinates students, instructors, facilities, and classrooms for fundamental training course delivery
* Set-up and operate audio-visual equipment required in support of curriculum delivery
* Ensures that individual professional development records are maintained at the conclusion of each course in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
* Employs applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect national security information
* Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks
* Travels frequently and/or for extended periods to U.S. and foreign training sites
* Employee will require some supervision and has a growing opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
* Associate of Science or related degree from an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications or equivalent technical training. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education
* Five or more (5+) years’ experience in Government technical security installation or instruction in 30% or more of the security disciplines listed above
* Three or more (3+) years’ experience in public speaking and giving briefings or instruction to groups of ten or more people
* Subject matter expertise in a minimum of 30% of the full Technical Security Systems Curriculum
* A working knowledge of various National Codes such as the National Electric Code and OSHA safety regulations, as well as Department of State installation requirements
* Ability to explain advanced technical concepts to trainees with various degrees of technical knowledge and ability: from end user system operators, Regional Security Officers, who must understand system capabilities and how they can best be employed for the protection of American lives, Classified National Security Information, and US Government Property, to highly technically trained and experienced technicians and Electrical Engineers with years of experience in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of Technical Security Systems
* Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive an official U.S. government van/sedan
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!