ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Engineering- Network IT Specialist Instructor - Springfield, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Security Engineering- Network IT Specialist Instructor - Secret Clearance - Springfield, VA
The Security Engineering-Information Technology Specialist Instructor provides subject matter expertise and instruction in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance and repair of computer network equipment, installation of infrastructure, communication and signal wiring to include fiber optic and associated equipment. The incumbent works under the close guidance of the Program Office. The position is based at the U.S. Department of State annex in Springfield, VA.
- Presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings to audiences on the following technical security topics:
- Basic Computer Networking
- Fiber Optic Installation
- Automated Access Control Systems
- IP Based Video Surveillance Systems
- Security Management Systems
- Delivers training using established syllabi/curriculum/ lesson plans, presentation media, administrative/self-study guides, and trainee reference manuals, systems and procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares classrooms, equipment and student materials for course delivery.
- Sets up and operates audio-visual equipment required in support of curriculum delivery.
- Ensures that course records are maintained at the conclusion of each course in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Employs applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect national security information.
- Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Travels to CONUS and OCONUS training sites (less than 10% travel per year)
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Four years of formal education toward a degree from an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Four years of experience working in one or more of the disciplines listed above.
- Two or more (2+) years’ experience in Government technical security installation or instruction in 20% or more of the security disciplines listed above.
- Ability to provide Tier II and Tier III level support for 20% or more of the security disciplines listed above.
- Experience in public speaking and giving briefings or instruction to groups of ten or more people.
- A working knowledge of various National Codes such as the National Electric Code and OSHA safety regulations.
- Ability to explain advanced technical concepts to trainees with various degrees of technical knowledge and ability such as: end users/operators, site managers, Security Engineers, Technical Security Specialists.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive an official U.S. government van/sedan.
- Preferred certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Cisco CCNA, Softwarehouse CCURE 9000, Genetec Security Desk, Identiv Access Control Systems Administrator and Hardware, BCSI Installer 1 and/or 2, FLETC Instructor Development
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company