ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OPSEC/Construction Security Specialist - Dunn Loring, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
OPSEC/Construction Security Specialist - Secret Clearance Required - Dunn Loring, VA
The OPSEC Construction Security Instructor is responsible for providing instruction in construction security at the Diplomatic Security Training Center (DSTC), U.S. Department of State. The incumbent works under the close guidance of the Program Office. The position is based in Springfield, VA with frequent visits to the DSTC in Dunn Loring, VA.
* Instructs Cleared American guard (CAG), Construction Surveillance Technician (CST), Construction Security Manager (CSM) and Site Security Manager (SSM) students in the protection of U.S. Department of State construction projects from technical compromise utilizing visual and technical inspection equipment
* Presents hands-on instruction, lectures and briefings on the following topics, not limited to:
oTechnical espionage prevention
oConstruction Surveillance Technician and Cleared American Guard policies, procedures and techniques
oCleared American Escort procedures and techniques
oSite Security Manager policies, procedures and techniques
* Coordinates students, instructors, facilities and classrooms to deliver the training.
* Writes technical security lesson plans, administrative and self-study guides, presentation and other training materials. Compiles and maintains syllabi and lesson plans
* Ensures that individual professional development records are maintained after teaching each course
* Provides research services and advises program office personnel on national and international developments in construction security
* Monitors the depletion rate of supplies, materials and equipment; notifies appropriate staff on low inventory or damaged equipment as required
* Participates with other agencies/working groups to enhance training as required
* Assists other staff members with their course preparation requirements
* Employs applicable Department of State security standards and procedures to protect national security information
* Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks
* Travels to other U.S. or foreign training sites is occasionally required but not expected to exceed 25% of total work time
* Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
* Must have a high school diploma
* Combination of education and experience equivalent to three to five (3-5) years of specialized experience in physical security, construction surveillance, or law enforcement
* Ability to become a certified instructor within six (6) months of assignment
* Knowledge of national and international security technology as it applies to construction security
* Knowledge of hostile intelligence services and their methods of operation
* Ability to demonstrate security practices required for safeguarding classified information in secure and non-secure environments
* Ability to interpret blueprints and implement construction security policies, procedures and techniques
* Ability to communicate and coordinate actions effectively with students, training coordinators, managers, and construction professionals, both within and outside the Department
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (SharePoint, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
* Ability to stand/walk/bend for long periods and lift medium to heavy objects
* Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive an official U.S. government van/sedan as required
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!