ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Center Watch Officer - Blackstone, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Operations Center Watch Officer - Secret Clearance - Blackstone, VA
The Operations Center Watch Officer will help provide a safe and secure training environment for the staff, students, and visitors to the Diplomatic Security Training Center (DSTC) by providing daily operations, coordination, and communications to all programs utilizing DSTC training spaces. The position is responsible for coordination, de-confliction, and safety considerations of training areas used by Diplomatic Security (DS) training programs.
The position is based at the Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC), for the U.S. Department of State in Blackstone, VA.
- Responsible for supporting coordination, de-confliction, and safety considerations of training areas used by (DS) training programs in order to provide a safe and secure environment for the staff, students, and visitors
- Directs facility-wide notifications using a variety of communications media
- As the subject matter expert in operations coordination, assists in the development and instruction of all Tactical Operation Center (TOC) course curriculum
- Conducts administrative functions associated within the training operations center to include training requests processing, training coordination, training tracking logs, and emergency operations procedures
- Operates integrated wave communications systems and terminate radio traffic to the operations center utilizing multiple networks, frequencies, communications security, and proper radio procedures
- Maintains technical and tactical proficiency on topics that include: Wave communication, Personal Tracking Locators, Mobile Video Systems, Unmanned Arial Vehicles, Security Management Systems, Electric Counter Measures, Tactical Operations Center planning and procedures, route planning techniques, emergency operations procedures, convoy operations, tactical communications protocols, surveillance detection, navigation, High Threat Tactical protective security procedures and communications
- Serves as an expert for all DS specialized hard skills programs, force continuum procedures, anti-terrorism topics, domestic and overseas high threat dignitary protection, improvised explosive device (IED) recognition, room entry tactics (Close Quarters Battle-CQB), defensive tactics, advanced firearms tactics, and physical fitness
- Gathers and monitors data from sources such as surface or upper stations, satellites, weather bureaus, or radar for risk management purposes as it relates to training operations
- Provides assistance in conducting practical exercises
- Presents security awareness briefings to a wide range of audiences
- Maintains requisite levels of proficiency in current techniques, methods, policies and procedures for security operations
- Assists with equipment inventory and maintenance for assigned programs
- Performs as a training safety officer
- Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
- Travel as necessary to other U.S. and foreign training sites, though it is not expected such travel will exceed 25% of total work time
- Must have a high school diploma
- One (1) year experience in a tactical operations center, plus five (5) years of relevant hard skills tactics experience
- Must have excellent people and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of terrorist operations, surveillance detection, motorcade operations, communications
- Knowledge of law enforcement/military training programs to ensure training is conducted safely
- Knowledge of security programs, operations, and techniques, including terrorism and anti-terrorism operations, use of force, civil liability, and appropriate techniques, tactics, and procedures
- Knowledge of security concepts, principles, and practices to provide basic and advanced training in the application of protective security methods
- Knowledge of current protective security methods to provide instruction that is consistent with currently accepted methods and practices
- Basic knowledge of adult learning principles, course development, classroom and practical instructional presentation methods, and methods for evaluating training effectiveness
- Basic knowledge in the development and revision of training curriculum
- Ability to immediately analyze, predict, and preclude situations to ensure training is conducted in a safe manner
- Ability to establish and maintain liaison with personnel at all levels to plan and coordinate assigned responsibilities
- Skill in oral and written communication to present training to a variety of audiences;
- Ability to complete work requiring regular and recurring physical and mental exertion, long periods of standing and irregular hours
- Ability to work in unpleasant or adverse environmental conditions, such as extreme hot and cold
- Ability to lift and carry equipment and materials demonstrating physical challenging practical exercises
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that consists of numerous personnel, use of non-lethal projectiles (firearms), air assets (helicopters), pyrotechnics, and fast-moving vehicles
- Instructor experience
- Completion of a recognized instructor development training course
- Familiarity with the functions, responsibilities, and duties of foreign service personnel
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company