ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Management Analyst (Safety) - Dunn Loring, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Management Analyst (Safety) - Secret Clearance - Dunn Loring, VA
This FASTC/TRM North position is located in Dunn Loring VA and is available to support operations and activities across FASTC, and is particularly focused on those located in the NCR. The Management Analyst for Safety will carry out organizational studies and evaluations, design management systems and procedures, perform work simplifications and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. The Management Analyst for Safety will ensure and maintain a safe working environment at all times for faculty, staff, and students at Diplomatic Security (DS) training sites.
- Provides expert advice to senior management in the planning, management, and execution of training programs.
- Serves as focal point and leads working groups for developing specific policy and procedures and for special projects related to occupational health and safety issues and on occasion addresses the cause and effect of life/safety issues.
- Performs technical, administrative, or professional work involving the implementation or administration of supporting services and programs related to the operation and safety of DS programs on facilities at which DS training occurs.
- Serves as the expert safety advisor with direct responsibility for implementation of safety programs.
- Travels to multiple training locations to perform work involving the management, administration, or operation of a safety and occupational health program or the performance of safety and occupational activities such as safety inspections, safety training, etc.
- Establishes the standards for a viable training safety program, following significant research
- (industry standards, federal standards, law enforcement standards) and consultation with other agencies. Determines minimum standards or adequacy and legal and regulatory compliance requirements. Establishes program goals and objectives and identifies results indicative of successful program accomplishments.
- Evaluates training sites and type of training delivered to develop a safety program for training, including occupational health policies in coordination with agency and applicable local jurisdiction. Performs research and preparation of studies and reports on policy issues or problems related to the organization's safety program.
- Provides technical assistance, consultation, and guidance to personnel and organizations on their safety programs and projects. Advises supervisors and safety representatives of appropriate safety and occupational health measures to control or eliminate hazardous operating processes or environmental conditions.
- Coordinates and disseminates safety program and implementation information.
- Provides fire and safety training to supervisors and employees using a wide variety of materials, publications, exhibits, protective devices, and visual aids.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and seven to twelve years relevant experience;
- Two (2) years as a Management Analyst - Safety or equivalent experience.
- Must possess excellent command of the English language and excellent writing skills;
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Maintains professional competence and specialized knowledge base by keeping abreast of emerging themes and best practices;
- Expert knowledge of and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques in order to plan, schedule and carry out studies and analyses of management functions or programs;
- Knowledge of substantive programs, goals, pertinent laws, and policies in order to analyze and assemble information; and expert knowledge of management and organizational techniques, systems and procedures to perform analytical studies;
- Department of State experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of safety and occupational health concepts, principles, laws, regulations, and precedent decisions which provide the capability to recommend substantive program changes or alternative new courses.
- Expert knowledge and skill sufficient to administer a safety and occupational health program with diverse but recognized hazards, achieving compliance with regulatory provisions and effectively communicating multiple safety and occupational health practices and procedures to staff and line personnel.
- Knowledge in the areas that include x-ray (radiation), heavy equipment, safety equipment, electrical shock, etc., to advise and establish a comprehensive safety program for all DS training.
- Comprehensive knowledge across multiple disciplines to include safety and occupational health, training and policy planning.
- Knowledge of high risk training to ensure all safety programs encompass the need for firearms, firing ranges, pyrotechnic, and explosive demonstrations and training.
- Knowledge sufficient to serve in a hazardous materials setting with weapons, munitions and explosives; to develop and apply safety policies controlling their use, storage, handling, and transportation; and to organize exemption from critical explosive requirements.
- Familiarity with employers responsibility for providing a safe and healthy workplace for their employees and OSHA’s role to promote the safety and health of America’s workforce by setting and enforcing standards; providing training, outreach and education; establishing partnerships; and encouraging continual improvement in workplace safety and health.
- Familiarity with OSHA's Principal Emergency Preparedness Requirements and Guidance.
- Skills sufficient to research, design, plan, organize, coordinate and evaluate a fully developed safety and occupational health program and advise upper managerial and executive personnel on courses of action affecting facility operations, work processes, employee- equipment relationships and environmental conditions which impact on the safety and efficiency of personnel.
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company